Right vs. Left: Brain, That Is

Cerise

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html

"The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it."

0,,5675247,00.gif

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Me? I'm in my right mind. The dancer turns counter-clockwise if I look away but keep her in the corner of my eye.

Its a counter-clock spin all the way unless I put the image waaaay the periphery and tell myself that its going clockwise. It boggles me to think that anyone can look at it dead on and see anything other than counter-clockwise... or anti-clockwise for our Empire bretheren.

I just concentrated on it for 90 seconds and made it flip directions. I almost popped a fuse forcing that.

Owww.

I can now make it flip flop on command since I have 2 beers in me to slightly numb the rigid reality control center of the brain.

I downloaded the image and opened it in animation shop... it doesn't change direction by itself. It's how IE and/or firefox mess up displaying the image.

It's fairly easy to change what direction it seems to be going... but judging by the shadow, it can only be going counter-clockwise.

No. The plant foot flip flops. The lead foot does most of its work off the screen and can be universal for both actions.

I cannot even force myself to see it going counter. I tried telling myself it did, and I can't see it. I tried the peripheral, and it's still clockwise. I tried making it change and it doesn't. I haven't seen it do anything except spin clockwise.

I did a lengthy paper on ambiguous drawings and their left/right brain workings in one of my psych classes in college. I used over 30 different ambiguous drawings, and in every one of them I saw it one way but could eventually see the other image within seconds. This one I can't.

Indeed. I had to really will it to make it flop the first time. Now the brain is used to it and accepts the gearshift without trouble.

Howzit hangin, Huge? Long time no 211 steel reserve.

Clockwise & that's final.

She's standing on her left leg. The right leg is slightly extended & if you were on her right, she'd kick you in the shin.

my kid says counter...WAIT! she switched (for him...I only see clockwise but I did see a glitch when he said she switched)

apparently i go both ways quite readily.

it's a coin toss as to which way it'll appear to be going for me if i look away and then look back.

I saw her go counter, for less than a full spin before reverting to CW.

More importantly, I noticed that she's either naked or wearing something extremely tight and revealing, and it's either cold, or she's turned on.

Back