Right vs. Left: Brain, That Is

Mkay...if I position the image on the monitor where all I can see is the waist down, it'll flip. But if I see the entire image, it doesn't and I can't make it flip. Her ponytail is a dead giveaway.

It boggles my mind! Even her ponytail is flipped for me (mind you I have to look at it from funny angles and squint to make it flip, every aspect of it makes sense no matter which way I have her going (ie. her ponytail and shadow and such follow the proper direction). Ugh, I HAVE to know how this works, it's driving me nuts! I need to see the still images that make up the animation.

*many hours later*

It switched, now CCW.

I guess this means I have a nice balance of rational emotional states, a consevative trait.

It boggles my mind! Even her ponytail is flipped for me (mind you I have to look at it from funny angles and squint to make it flip, every aspect of it makes sense no matter which way I have her going (ie. her ponytail and shadow and such follow the proper direction). Ugh, I HAVE to know how this works, it's driving me nuts! I need to see the still images that make up the animation.

'Tis all symmetrical and there are no lines to indicate which way her leg is passing when she turns. It is just the mind playing tricks on you that you think she is turning one way over the other - once you realise that ,you can trick your mind into making her turn the other way.

Clockwise for the most part. sometimes if i look away and then back, she'll change direction... but for the most part it's clockwise.

I see how the legs can be going either way...it's the boobs and the hair that get me...because when she's in silhouette it's obvious that she's facing one way or the other...what baffles me even more though is that when I do get her to switch the boobs and the hair still make sense...but I can't figure out HOW they still make sense.

I first saw this somewhere else. After first noticing that I could see her nipples, I then noticed that I could see her spinning either way, and can make her change almost effortlessly and instantly. If I choose to, I can see her go back and forth, back and forth, without ever making a complete rotation, and I can see her do that either facing me or facing away from me.

clockwise... someone on my livejournal friendslist posted this a few days ago and it's still messing with me, but i just cannot see it going counter clockwise!

and it comes as no surprise to me that i am right-brained. i've known it for years and this just reinforces it!

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html

"The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it."

0,,5675247,00.gif

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Me? I'm in my right mind. The dancer turns counter-clockwise if I look away but keep her in the corner of my eye.

Wow, that's cool, really easy to change direction too. :D

I first saw this somewhere else. After first noticing that I could see her nipples, I then noticed that I could see her spinning either way, and can make her change almost effortlessly and instantly. If I choose to, I can see her go back and forth, back and forth, without ever making a complete rotation, and I can see her do that either facing me or facing away from me.

Same here. Once I got the trick of switching her, it wasn't a problem.

Back