Robert Jordan (Author) Dies

MrBishop

Atlanta, Ga. 9/17/2007 1:47 PM GMT (FINDITT) Robert Jordan, the author of the fantasy literature series “Wheel of Time” died on Sunday afternoon at the age of 58. Jordan had been battling cardiac amyloidosis for the past year.

Born in Charleston, South Carolina Jordan served two tours in Vietnam before returning and earning a physics degree from The Citadel. He worked for the U.S. Navy after graduation and began writing in 1977. He found success as a writer of several Conan the Barbarian stories before turning his attention to the “Wheel of Time" series” that he began to publish in 1990.

Jordan published eleven books in the series and had been working on the final in the series “A Memory of Light” when he past away.
:eek5:

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=23003&ret=Default.aspx

I knew he was sick... didn't think it was terminal though.
*is glad she never got around to getting invested in the series

RIP?

Hopefully he had a well fleshed out manuscript that someone can ghost out.

I used to read the series but gave up after book 5. The main character was just too much of a whinny little ass. I was hoping for evil to triumph.

I would call a self diagnosis of my life as restless. Others tend to think of my life as disappointing. They feel that I should have been a scientist and solved the ills of man by now... cancer, diabetes, disco...

Back