Rock Against Bush

Camelyn

Bands Rock Against Bush

Concerts and tours to raise awareness about 2004 election

Sonic Youth, the Donnas, the Liars, the Locust and Erase Errata are among the groups who have pledged their support for Bands Against Bush, a self-explanatory new artistic collective dedicated to lending its support to the "struggle against a world of perpetual fear and violence bolstered by the Bush administration."
BAB has set up more than twenty regional chapters in the U.S. and abroad, with a directory of groups willing to participate in various events to raise voter awareness. Among the events planned is an October 11th international day of action, with concerts planned for New York City; Olympia, Washington; Seattle; Los Angeles; Boston; Washington, D.C.; Portland, Oregon; Paris, France; and Dublin, Ireland. The day of action will be preceded by a Rock Against Reagan Memorial show on October 9th.

More

Ironically enough, I heard about this from a Sum 41 mailing list I am on. Why ironic, you say? Because Sum 41 is Canadian....

They are on the Rock Against Bush Vol. 1 compilation :shrug:

Weird. I have heard of various celebrities campaigning for a candidate. This is the first time I have heard of an organized campaign against one...

Edited because of crappy linkage

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Ms Ann Thrope said:
just another exercise in futility, imho... :shrug:

Nope. It's just easier to be against something/someone than for something or someone. Modern cynicism at it's best...

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Nope. It's just easier to be against something/someone than for something or someone. Modern cynicism at it's best...

First, they need to run someone I can actually be "for." Right now I'm against all of them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sonic Youth is from my youth...you're all going to piss & moan with a bunch of old guys :lol:

Oz

*shakes head* there is something sadly wrong with the world when rockheads are sober enough to care about politics :eh:

:p

Camelyn

Oz said:
*shakes head* there is something sadly wrong with the world when rockheads are sober enough to care about politics :eh:

:p

Oops. Edited the link to the album in my first post due to bad linkage.

Think I'm going to get it, actually, some good bands on it :D

But in response to Oz's comment:

Presenting: Punkvoter.com

And an interesting article about it's founding and it's goals. Check out the logo :D

It's Official: Voting Bush Is 'Not Punk'

The list of bands involved reads like my record collection. So this is what they do when they aren't touring...

So, will the youth vote in America be reclaimed due to the efforts of an underground youth culture that at its inception advocated anarchy? Will punk rockers save democracy?

Stay tuned :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Lemme see, the calendar says 2004 yet the green hair says 1979 CBGBs'. Wow there must be at least, what 3, maybe 4 hundred punkers left...

:anifingr:

tonksy

they used to hold rock against reagan shows on the mall in DC....nothing new under the sun, eh?

Camelyn

Gonz said:
Lemme see, the calendar says 2004 yet the green hair says 1979 CBGBs'. Wow there must be at least, what 3, maybe 4 hundred punkers left...

Dude, seriously, have you been living in a cave?

warpedcrowd032.gif

Oz

Gonz said:

*chokes on his coffee* CBGB? 1979??

If it's punk yer after.......the date is 12 feb 1976.....The Marquee...London :D ...... a lil' known band called The Sex Pistols ;)

Camelyn

Oz said:
*chokes on his coffee* CBGB? 1979??

If it's punk yer after.......the date is 12 feb 1976.....The Marquee...London :D ...... a lil' known band called The Sex Pistols ;)

I Wanna Be Anarchy!

pistols.jpg