ruined songs?

tonksy

so have you ever had a song that you just loved...but one day something ruined it? i may have mentioned mine somewhere but...my favorite elton john song was ruined for me by my two navy friends al and jim....because instead of the beautiful lyrics sir john intended, "hold me closer, tiny dancer" my knuckleheaded friends sang, and always very loudly, "hold me closer, tony danza"....i still like the song but i can never make it through the chorus without the recollection...does this happen to other people?

:eek5: Don't do it! You'll never hear the songs right again! I left the link out on purpose to protect everyone...:D

Nightingale. by Saves the Day.

the same guy who told me to get this song also ruined it for me. and it's a beautiful song. and i cannot listen to it anymore at all.

tonks said:
is that a misheard "big old jet airliner"?...what song is that....china grove?
Erm... "Big Old Jet Airliner" -- Steve Miller :lloyd:

I don't know why someone singing the wrong lyrics to a song you like would affect you. You either like the song or you don't. :confused:

China Grove: "Spread the peanut butter with a samurai sword."

chcr said:
Erm... "Big Old Jet Airliner" -- Steve Miller :lloyd:

I don't know why someone singing the wrong lyrics to a song you like would affect you. You either like the song or you don't. :confused:

China Grove: "Spread the peanut butter with a samurai sword."
chic, i still love the song but now i like it for it's comedic value more than anything else...it went from a sweet love song into...a joke, which i appreciate, i love a good laugh.

tonks said:
chic, i still love the song but now i like it for it's comedic value more than anything else...it went from a sweet love song into...a joke, which i appreciate, i love a good laugh.
Sorry, I disagree. It's still a very sweet song, sung correctly. When I was in bands, we used to do terrible things to various songs (Dismember Me was one of my favorites, we used to do it that way on stage around Halloween). You need to separate the two versions in your mind.

Edit: I was not referring only to you, I don't understand why it bothers anyone.

chcr said:
Sorry, I disagree. It's still a very sweet song, sung correctly. When I was in bands, we used to do terrible things to various songs (Dismember Me was one of my favorites, we used to do it that way on stage around Halloween). You need to separate the two versions in your mind.

Edit: I was not referring only to you, I don't understand why it bothers anyone.
i do try, really i do... but it's kinda like laughing in church....you just can't help it...aaw but it's a fond memory....besides i liked tony danza in taxi...

tonks said:
i do try, really i do... but it's kinda like laughing in church....you just can't help it...aaw but it's a fond memory....besides i liked tony danza in taxi...

"What does a yellow light mean?" Jim was always my fave. Back then I was frequently in a similar state of mind...

chcr said:
"What does a yellow light mean?" Jim was always my fave. Back then I was frequently in a similar state of mind...
latka.....the reverand a close second.....and simka. :D

Back