Saddam in custody!

Bungi

SMH said:
Saddam captured alive in Tikrit

Saddam Hussein was captured in his home town of Tikrit today in a major coup for the beleaguered US occupation forces.
British Prime Minister Tony Blair confirmed the arrest, Sky News television said.
The Pentagon was cautious, saying only that it believed its troops had probably caught the former dictator.
But Washington's Iraqi allies, including Iraqi National Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi as well as a British diplomatic source told Reuters that Saddam was in US custody.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/14/1071336803092.html?from=top5
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=news&start=0&num=3&q=http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_846952.html

ris

put him in a santa outfit and make him take presents to the little kiddies :shrug:

while i'm here, tony blair welcomes saddam capture
press conference in baghdad set for 12noon bst. i'd have thought dubya dubya dubya dot bush would have made an early morning effort for this, i guess he values his lie-ins :D

ris

they're trying to find him a spare aircraft carrier to fly onto so he can declare major hostilities are over again.

;) :D

ris

paul bremmer making announcement now, apparently hussein was picked up at 8.35pm local time yesterday in a town about 15km south of tikrit.

AlladinSane

Should I say Rodeo instead? I just saw the images: reporters making gestures and waving as if they have won a championship. Patethic...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
aceofspades.01.gif

BLACKJACK!

Hoon

This is historicly fantastc news.
You can now tell your grandchildren where you were when Saddam was captured.

My god...even AlCNNJazeera is saying this is a good thing!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's only an emotional release. It has historical significance but in the day to day operations of Iraq & the coalition it means nothing. It may quell some opposition, hopefully & lift the monkey from the backs of the formerly oppressed but tomorrow is another day of work.

Didn't somebody mention white hats recently? :D

Hoon

Gonz said:
It's only an emotional release. It has historical significance but in the day to day operations of Iraq & the coalition it means nothing. It may quell some opposition, hopefully & lift the monkey from the backs of the formerly oppressed but tomorrow is another day of work.

Didn't somebody mention white hats recently? :D

I think it will effect day to day operations.
It gives the new Iraqi government the credibility it needed.
It gives the US's word credibility in that we said we would get him.
It's fantastic that we've captured him alive so as not not turn him into a martyr.
It's a major blow to anti-american sentiment.

Like Bush or not..the man says what he means and does what he says.
He doesn't bow to foreign pressure and that's the kind of man we've needed for a long time.

I believe initially, the insurgence attacks might stay strong for a short while, maybe even intensify for a bit but sooner thatn later it will all but hault under the realization that their efforts are futile.

Hoon

Officials say Saddam was found in a hole WITH rifles yet not one shot was fired.

So..not only was this Muslim Hero not a martyr for dying instead of being captured by the evil Americans..he's a coward for not even attempting to fight.

That's what I would've expected from a man who impolred Iraqi men, women & children to rise up and fight the Americans.
Apparently, Allah wants everyone else to die..except him.

What a waste of space.