Santa Fe commercial

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Has anyone seen the commercial for the Hyundai Santa Fe? This couple is driving on bad roads, she's holding a cup of coffee and they are spewing out what seems to be some random words. Then they drive up on to a dirt pile and the guy opens the hatch and lets a rottweiler in.

It makes no sense to me at all... anyone else see this?

Spirit said:
Has anyone seen the commercial for the Hyundai Santa Fe? This couple is driving on bad roads, she's holding a cup of coffee and they are spewing out what seems to be some random words. Then they drive up on to a dirt pile and the guy opens the hatch and lets a rottweiler in.

It makes no sense to me at all... anyone else see this?

it starts with him saying the "rule" I before E except after C

she is stating all the words the break the rule.

I liked the old radio ad a few years back for the Santa Fe, with the square dance caller...

"Swing your partner round and round, look at the Hyundai I just found!"

"Clap your hands now do si do, the Sante Fe comes with power windows!"

The only situtation where I would drive a hyundai was if I had no car, no bike, and no legs.

And no brain. I told the missus when we were car shopping, there were three makes she absolutely could not buy. Honda, Hyundai and Kia. Wouldn't be too happy with Mazda either, but they weren't totally beyond consideration.

Inkara1 said:
Kias are a lot better than they used to be.

They could be solid fucking gold for all I care. I still recall Hyundai getting outta dodge like their tail was on fire the first time they entered the north american market. (that factory was in Quebec, btw.) Know who owns Kia?

Al, you're dead right about that .... but I can fix a GM (provided I can get at the bastard thing). The Malibu's 2.2 is sitting in an engine bay designed for a V6. Not only is there enough room to get airtools in behind it, the engine's small enough that I could remove it without a shop crane.

GM cars are still way better than Hyundai.

The reason I said that is because they haven't produced a fullsize car since '96. Ford kept the Crown Vic around, but the Caprice is gone.

There's a reason for it. Look at SUV-Full size sales. There's no market for them. Anyone wanting a full size is buying Envoys and Escalades now.

Professur said:
And no brain. I told the missus when we were car shopping, there were three makes she absolutely could not buy. Honda, Hyundai and Kia. Wouldn't be too happy with Mazda either, but they weren't totally beyond consideration.

The other two are understandable, especially Kia (Hyundai has improved a lot in the past 5 years), but why Honda?

Yeah. I'm one of those people that, if you piss me off, you lose me as a customer forever. Mazda's treading that very road doing the very same thing right now.

Back