Santa is coming to town...

GrandCaravanSE

WELL..........there's alot I WANT for christmas, but just really focusing on the boys having a nice christmas. Its a tuff year this year. Almost done, just a few more things and thats final.

I NEED a new cat desktop calendar (page a day), so that what im hoping for!

Told Scott me and him not exchanging this year, which sucks did i mention, but told him i wanted to go on vacation again this summer, thinking pocono mountains this time, nothing tropic.

where would one find a cat desktop calendar that goes for each day.

POStech

It took me awhile to think of what I would like this year. Usually I would have had something picked out by now and would have reminded my wife 4 times a day my for the past three weeks on what I wanted.

Here is my list

Nice set of over the ear headphones for my home stereo.
Quantum of Solice video game
Star Wars Force Unleashed video game

Inkara1

Am I a nerd if I bought my girlfriend a RAM upgrade for her computer? Would you still laugh if I told you her (Dell) laptop came with Vista and 512 megs of RAM?

BTW, I hope she doesn't search my name and find this. If she does... well, the RAM isn't all I bought. No, I didn't buy jewelry.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Am I a nerd if I bought my girlfriend a RAM upgrade for her computer? Would you still laugh if I told you her (Dell) laptop came with Vista and 512 megs of RAM?

BTW, I hope she doesn't search my name and find this. If she does... well, the RAM isn't all I bought. No, I didn't buy jewelry.

There's a video you need to watch. It speaks to giving computer memory as a gift. I will find said link and post it here.

GrandCaravanSE

512 :rofl4:

Inkara1

There's a video you need to watch. It speaks to giving computer memory as a gift. I will find said link and post it here.

1. The RAM isn't the only thing I bought, as I mentioned before.
2. You've obviously never tried to use her computer.
3. Come on, two gigs for $25 and it won't take almost 10 minutes from startup to when the computer will actually notice when she clicks on the IE icon anymore! Thus making it much less of a chore to access school stuff online, bank stuff online, her boyfriend online... :D
4. I only watched the first minute or so of that video and the woman was really way more of a bitch about the vacuum than she needed to be. If you agree with her actions, that's not a good thing.
5. I'm certain she'll appreciate it the same way she appreciated it when I changed the distributor in her car so it would run again.
6. If I bought her a nice necklace or something, you'd probably complain about me spending lots of money on jewelry "this early" because we've only been together for four months.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
1. The RAM isn't the only thing I bought, as I mentioned before.
2. You've obviously never tried to use her computer.
3. Come on, two gigs for $25 and it won't take almost 10 minutes from startup to when the computer will actually notice when she clicks on the IE icon anymore! Thus making it much less of a chore to access school stuff online, bank stuff online, her boyfriend online... :D
4. I only watched the first minute or so of that video and the woman was really way more of a bitch about the vacuum than she needed to be. If you agree with her actions, that's not a good thing.
5. I'm certain she'll appreciate it the same way she appreciated it when I changed the distributor in her car so it would run again.
6. If I bought her a nice necklace or something, you'd probably complain about me spending lots of money on jewelry "this early" because we've only been together for four months.

Holy geez...it's a joke. The guys in my office found the video hilarious.

I'm the girl who once got a book about the SIMS as a second year anniversary present (I was rather obsessed with the SIMS at one point) and loved it. I'm also the girl who was excited to get a cool mouse pad for Christmas from a bf once.

Who said I agree with her actions? If I was in a relationship and needed a new vacuum then I'd buy a new vacuum. If I didn't buy a new one then it would likely mean I couldn't afford one/had more pressing things to spend my money on. Therefore if he bought me a new vacuum as a gift I'd appreciate it. That said, if my existing vacuum worked perfectly well and he just bought me one for the hell of it I'd be confused. Your gift obviously has a good/thoughtful reason behind it...the video was just meant for a laugh.

Inkara1

Another thing with the video... the internet connection here at work sucks, thus making it hard to watch videos. I guess I could try to hit "pause" before it hits the end of what it's loaded after the first 1 or 2 seconds of the video, then let it buffer for a couple minute so I can watch the next 30 seconds, and so on. >.<

GrandCaravanSE

Another thing with the video... the internet connection here at work sucks, thus making it hard to watch videos. I guess I could try to hit "pause" before it hits the end of what it's loaded after the first 1 or 2 seconds of the video, then let it buffer for a couple minute so I can watch the next 30 seconds, and so on. >.<

Is that the sound of dial up? I think it is, sorry bout that.

Inkara1

No... 800K up/800K down DSL that is also used to send PDF files that are 4-7 MB per page to the print plant, and other fun stuff like that.