Saving Private Lynch story 'flawed'

chcr

Too cute for words
Wait, what if Private Lynch has the largest breasts. I don't think she posts here. :rofl4:

MuFu

I don't think she can get near enough to the computer due to her massive breasts. It's a cause and effect, quantum cornhole loop-type thing.

Yo I have a plan for if this thread starts burning - turn it into an argument about subjective and objective clauses and whether my use of "whoever" instead of "whomever" is correct. :)

Jeslek

Banned
http://www.wilbursblog.blogspot.com/

American troops use three main infantry weapons.

First, there is the M16A2, a modern derivative of the old Vietnam era M16.

Secondly, there is the M4 carbine, a shortened version of the M16, often used by special forces troops.

Third, there is the Minimi Light Machine Gun.

None of these weapons can be converted from firing blanks to live, or back again, in a speedy manner.

Blank ammunition, when fired in these three weapons, is not powerful enough to force the weapons mechanism through its full cycle of operations. Because there is no live projectile, the build up of gas in the barrel is much less. When the weapon fires, there is no way that the mechanism will re-cock and chamber a fresh round. . .

American troops would be put in an awkward situation. Suppose, in the midst of this staged event, some Iraqi troops or Fedayeen irregulars appeared? How would they defend themselves? Clearly, converting the weapons from blank to live, in the heat of a battle, would be disastrous. It would take, at best, 2-3 minutes to remove a BFA, then vital more seconds in order to replace the belt or magazine of blank ammunition with live. In the dark, it would be very easy to get the blank and live rounds mixed up, too.

It is very hard to imagine how any Special Forces soldiers would agree to enter a combat zone with their weapons primed for blank ammunition.

Things are looking bad for the BBC’s story, but it gets worse. Much worse.

The BFA is large and brightly coloured. It’s a safety feature; a visible way of proving in training that no one is pointing live ammunition at you by mistake.

I don’t have the video footage of the rescue to hand, but I do recall seeing it. I didn’t see any weapons sporting BFAs.

Furthermore, fired blank shell casings look very different to live ones. Blank shell casings have a crimped end to them that is still clearly visible after the round is fired and discarded. So if the BBC wants to prove its story, it can visit the scene of the rescue and produce some discarded blank shell casings. Unless, it wants us to believe that the American troops picked them all up. In the dark. Behind enemy lines. In a war zone.

So how do blank rounds work in the movies? Well, the weapons used are not real. They are specially produced replicas, often based on the mechanism of a real weapon, with the barrel partially sealed. They cannot fire live ammunition under any circumstances whatsoever. This is how film makers create realistic scenes of automatic firing without attaching a BFA to the end of the weapon.

Clearly, no one will be carrying that sort of a ‘weapon’ into a combat area.

So what does this mean to overall importance of the BBC’s story?

Well, the BBC’s witnesses cannot be trusted.

And the BBC has made a huge error that a couple of quick phone calls could have put right.

The BBC may be guilty of seeing what it wants to see in another area too.

Early on in the story they make the astonishing statement that “Witnesses told us that the special forces knew that the Iraqi military had fled a day before they swooped on the hospital.”

According to the BBC, the witnesses somehow magically know what American Special Forces knew or thought. How they managed this effort of mental telepathy is not explained.

At 1135 hrs GMT, Saturday, 17th May, I e-mailed a correction detailing my concerns to the comments section of the story at the BBC. I look forward to them posting it in their comments page unedited.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's old news. The US doctors said on day one that she was hurt but no violent wounds. On day two, she had eight hundred twentry seven .44 holes & she was stabbed repeatedly with a machete. :D

her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived.

That's all that they needed say.

K62

"American troops would be put in an awkward situation. Suppose, in the midst of this staged event, some Iraqi troops or Fedayeen irregulars appeared? How would they defend themselves? Clearly, converting the weapons from blank to live, in the heat of a battle, would be disastrous. It would take, at best, 2-3 minutes to remove a BFA, then vital more seconds in order to replace the belt or magazine of blank ammunition with live. In the dark, it would be very easy to get the blank and live rounds mixed up, too."

2-3 min to remove the BFA ? I spent 9 weeks last summer doing basic training for the Canadian reserves, on our C7's it took about 25seconds tops to remove the BFA. This makes me wonder what the American BFA's are like? anybody know?
heres a picture i had taken where you can clearly see our BFA's at the end of the rifle.

reid,shaw-smith.jpg

im the short guy on the left of the picture

MitchSchaft

Putting a BFA on the end would be clear evidence that they were using blanks. We wouldn't be talking about this if they were using BFAs.
And what the hell is your finger doing on the trigger?

K62

yeah i know that would be clear evidence, I was just wondering if the american BFA's were of different design, because they said it takes 2-3min to remove them. lol my finger on the trigger? im not really sure, just a pose, but If on my my Instrustors saw that..

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
K62 said:
yeah i know that would be clear evidence, I was just wondering if the american BFA's were of different design, because they said it takes 2-3min to remove them. lol my finger on the trigger? im not really sure, just a pose, but If on my my Instrustors saw that..

The designs look to be exactly the same. Only the color is different. Ours are red. It should take only 15 seconds to remove one, BTW. ;)