Saw Terminator 3 today

cubcake1

Best one yet, great special effects, chase scenes were awesome, and it had an ending that made you think. No it wasnt War and Peace, No Ghandi wouldnt probably care for it, No you dont have to be a genius to know that it is fiction, but it was a darn good movie. Thumbs up, 4 out of 5 stars, and a T4 could be very interesting.

greenfreak

It was ok but I still think T2 was the best one. In retrospect, it's a better rental than a movie experience, IMHO.

There's more of an attempt at humor but the attempts at catch phrases got a little annoying. And one big time product placement kinda miffed me too. After the Matrix and it's product support, now this, I hope this isn't going to become more commonplace.

Yes, the ending made me think but not too long. I knew as soon as the scene started what was happening. And I didn't feel much for either John Connor or Claire Danes' character, I didn't care much about what was happening to them.

But Arnold looked hot in leather (as usual) and the other chick was kinda cool. Special effects were good and the fight scenes/chase scenes were ok. I pretty much walked out of there thinking :eh: :shrug:

CS

Dang,

Wonder when it's released in the UK. I should really know since I'm such a whopping T1&T2 fan :retard7:

Jeffrey

I saw Terminator 3... it was awsome!!!! Arnold tried to be funny but he wasnt which made me laugh... i dunno why... anyways if you wanna see a gr-8 movie see this! Oh... and it doesnt matter if u havent seen the first 2- i didnt!

~*~ By the way... im not a guy... im a girl... dont get confused w/ the name. :retard4:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I loved the movie, although they
used a nekkid chick in the beginning of the movie to keep the teen crowd interested, which I'm getting kind of tired of, there's enough of that in teen movies

One thing I'd like to know is how did the terminator (let's call him T-101 for short :tardbang: )
know to look in the little thingie up in the top of the car for the keys
? The T-101 that John taught that to was melted. :tardbang:

I may need to watch it again to pick up some stuff that I missed, like I didn't understand why
the T-101 had killed John

Then again, I suppose it could've been because there were these assholes in the row behind us talking and giggling and "hur-hur-hur, gee, thanks Terminator"ing the whole way through the movie.

MuFu

fury said:
One thing I'd like to know is how did the terminator (let's call him T-101 for short :tardbang: )
know to look in the little thingie up in the top of the car for the keys
? The T-101 that John taught that to was melted. :tardbang:

I think that was a bit of a tongue-and-cheek reference to T2. Not really supposed to be consistent - just something to make people go "huh!" (although maybe it was part of his programming, who knows?).

I may need to watch it again to pick up some stuff that I missed, like I didn't understand why
the T-101 had killed John

Before it was reprogrammed by the resistance and sent back through time, the T-101 played by Arnie Swat-nigga was an assasin for the machines and killed John Connor - they used the same likeness to take advantage of his childhood attachment (as seen in T2)

Excellent movie - I can't wait for the DVD. :cool:

MuFu.

WelshBob

I thought both T3 and Matrix Reloaded were ok. Maybe dissappointed a bit by them, I can critize them both loads.

Matrix Reloaded was a very weird film, took a while for it to get going and was certainly different to any other film i seen, wasnt exactly easy to watch, (espeacially when you're dying for a piss and all of a sudden they're talking bollocks for about 15 minutes in a big '60s vision of the future' style white room and u just want it to endd!!!) but at least it had some sort of depth to it and has got something for the fans to get their teeth into and try to grasp. Since both the third and the second films were filmed together, i think once you watch them one after another as one big film in some sort Matrix Marathon (cant wait for that dvd box set to come out) it might be a bit better. Providing the third film isnt stoopid.

T3 was ok, a lot of it was cheesy and just completely and utterly annoyying, the fact that they had a fit blonde terminator in it for starters. Wasnt to attract people to go see it at all. No, it was because skynet was clever enough to think - 'hey why dont we mass produce a fit blonde terminator so that men everywhere will be too busy thinking about shagging her to care about fighting the damn machines!!' Actually, thinking about it, she is basically just T1000 with real weapon bits underneath all that liquid, maybe she just assumed the form of someone she killed in the future or something. After all T1000 assumed the identity of that cop for the majority of the time. So maybe they are clever enough to assume the form of someone which will give them some sort of advantage in society. Bah, ive come up with an answer to my own argument!!

Anyways, there was a lot of cheesiness but i could cope with it because I was interested in the plot. And i thought the overall story was ok. But they should definetely do a fourth film, a balls out war film, all dark with killer robots, sorta as gob smacking as the begining bits of Saving Private Ryan, just all the way through. Otherwise as a third and final film T3 just doesnt cut it for me. There wouldnt be much room for travelling back in time and the usual terminator film stuff, but if you ask me T3 departed from a lot of the traditional stuff that the first two films set up. For instance, the first two films argued that the future was an open road and that it could be changed, where as this one was saying that everything is inevitable, wether or not u send someone back in time to try and change it or not e.g. john and kate getting together. There was a lot of other stuff missing too, like, it was less emotional, and didnt have quite the same sense of horror, and in its place crappy hollywood conventions, complete with novelty sunglasses.

The Matrix Reloaded and T3 were a lot alike, both slightly dissappointing, both dealing with war of machines against humanity, both dealing with the concepts of time and 'inevitability, Mr Anderson'. I think that they go so hand in hand in fact, that i reckon the plots should somehow be connected and someone should make a monster film, Terminator vs Matrix or something, i think it would be good, although the two films have completely different styles and Matrix has more emphasis on computer stuff, i think the Matrix is set sufficiently far in the future that the situation in Terminator could easily lead to the one of the Matrix. Mybe they could base the film on a time period somewhere inbetween, the creation of the Matrix from Terminator. What do you think??

(Do I have too much time on my hands?)
I may not post very often, but when i do...
If only i put as much thought and work into this damn vacation essay I have to do....

CydCharisse

I saw it back when it was first released. I enjoyed it highly. I liked how it didn't have the typical happy ending that so many movies have.

Rose

AnomalousEntity said:
Hmm

I just automatically assumed there would be a T4 with all the references to the war and the future etc etc.

I think there is a T4 in the works.

freako104

SexyBoo said:
Smaller? :nono: Say it ain't so!

it aint so. i thought id wait for the dvd since it doesnt look as good as the other two. it doesnt intrest me as much as it used to