SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2007

i know that not everyone diagnosed with add or other disorders actually have them, but i feel that far too often, people try to say these disorders don't even exist, and that bothers me because i personally do carry diagnoses, and they are very real, and to hear/read people saying this is kind of an affront to me, like i'm not real, my struggles are not real. yes, there are a lot of kids that, with proper discipline and parenting, could straighten up quite nicely, but there are kids like me whose parents pulled out all the stops for, but still needed more help. my parents and teachers worked together to try different techniques to control my behaviour before finally resorting to the medication and therapy, and i know i'm not the only kid with this same story because i've met many others....

basically, while people may recognize that some, however few, of ADD cases are real, the fact that these same people -- or anyone at all -- would make these big blanket statements and say that there is no add, only dumb/bad kids with bad parents, is extremely hurtful.

sorry for the soapbox, but this is just one of the issues i feel most strongly about.

Graduates from class 1957 turned your country into what it is now. ;)

Those who graduated in 1957 were born in 1940 and it was their daddies who went to Europe and the Pacific and kicked the livin' shit out of the Japs and the Nazis so you could be alive to be here to complain about it.

I met one of the Navaho code talkers the other day and it brought tears to my eyes. Without people like him we would be speaking German or Japanese at least those who are deigned fit to live.

Graduates from class 1957 turned your country into what it is now. ;)

Those who graduated in 1957 were born in 1940 and it was their daddies who went to Europe and the Pacific and kicked the livin' shit out of the Japs and the Nazis so you could be alive to be here to complain about it.

I met one of the Navaho code talkers the other day and it brought tears to my eyes. Without people like him we would be speaking German or Japanese at least those who are deigned fit to live.

Non-sequitur. Thanks for the preachy bullshit though, I'm sure someone appreciated it.

Just as a point of information peel, Luis isn't an American. He's also right, for all that he was teasing.

graduates from 1957 (or thereabouts) became the stinky hippies, didn't they?

Just as a point of information peel, Luis isn't an American. He's also right, for all that he was teasing.

Spoken like a true twit.

So if the Nazis had conquered the world Luis' portion would have come through it unscathed? I'm sure they would have set aside their blue eyed Aryan requirements just for him and his people.

If the Japs had conquered the world they wouldn't have had a global "rape of Nanking" secenario? I'm sure they would have suspended their round eye extermination programs just so he could live.

America saved the world from the Japs and the Nazis and there is not one corner of this Earth which does not owe America a debt of gratitude for saving them from death and enslavement by two of the most evil conquering nations in history. You cannot appreciate that because you did not live it -- nor live in the immediate aftermath. You were lucky enough to be born long after the horrors were diminished by the ravages of time; but if you think it will never come again it is those like you who will assure it happens through your ignorance and apathy.

/me Does the math to figure Chic's date of birth...goes to say something but figures why bother.

Spoken like a true twit.

So if the Nazis had conquered the world Luis' portion would have come through it unscathed? I'm sure they would have set aside their blue eyed Aryan requirements just for him and his people.

If the Japs had conquered the world they wouldn't have had a global "rape of Nanking" secenario? I'm sure they would have suspended their round eye extermination programs just so he could live.

America saved the world from the Japs and the Nazis and there is not one corner of this Earth which does not owe America a debt of gratitude for saving them from death and enslavement by two of the most evil conquering nations in history. You cannot appreciate that because you did not live it -- nor live in the immediate aftermath. You were lucky enough to be born long after the horrors were diminished by the ravages of time; but if you think it will never come again it is those like you who will assure it happens through your ignorance and apathy.

Coming from you I consider that a compliment.

1. Once again, what did your responding comment have to do with Luis's post?

2. What did people who graduated in 1957 have to do with WWII? You point out yourself that they were born in 1940 (mostly 1939 actually but who am I to quibble over your math mistakes).

3. People who become adults in the late fifties and early sixties are, in fact, are largely responsible for where the country is today.

4. Take the bug out of you ass, it's gotta hurt.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you like that shit.

Point of information: The outcome of WWII was hardly a foregone conclusion even after America joined. It most probably would have gone the other way if we had not, but the Axis made mistakes that may have cost them the war as well. The Pearl Harbor attack is just the most glaring one. The things that you assume would have followed are pure conjecture.

The Op is pretty much just all conjecture, make believe, and exaggeration. I hope that's the silliest thing I read that's "going around the internet" today.

Yeah, and the french saved your asses at your Independence war so you could be alive to be here to complain about it. The daddies of class 1957 have nothing to do with my previous comment.

The Op is pretty much just all conjecture, make believe, and exaggeration. I hope that's the silliest thing I read that's "going around the internet" today.

Either you don't surf very much or you have a lot of faith. I'll bet I could find ten sillier things in less than two minutes. It is the internet after all. :D

Yeah, and the french saved your asses at your Independence war so you could be alive to be here to complain about it. The daddies of class 1957 have nothing to do with my previous comment.

Shh! We don't bring that up. ;)

Coming from you I consider that a compliment.

Expected.

1. Once again, what did your responding comment have to do with Luis's post?.

He may think that America is fucked up in its current state but it could have been far worse. People do not appreciate what they have or who gave it to them through their sacrifice on their behalf regardless of where they live.

2. What did people who graduated in 1957 have to do with WWII? You point out yourself that they were born in 1940 (mostly 1939 actually but who am I to quibble over your math mistakes)..

Maybe they graduate at eighteen where you come from but they graduated at seventeen back then.

3. People who become adults in the late fifties and early sixties are, in fact, are largely responsible for where the country is today..

And all of the nice guys who improved their countries were born before that and if they graduated at 17 ...

François "Papa Doc" Duvalier 1907 would have graduated in 1924

Idi Amin Dada 1928 would have graduated in 1945

Hideki Tojo 1884 would have graduated in 1901

Benito Mussolini 1883 would have graduated in 1900

Pol Pot 1925 would have graduated in 1942

Yeah! Those were the days to be alive, now, weren't they?

Point of information: The outcome of WWII was hardly a foregone conclusion even after America joined. It most probably would have gone the other way if we had not, but the Axis made mistakes that may have cost them the war as well. The Pearl Harbor attack is just the most glaring one. The things that you assume would have followed are pure conjecture.

I see. So those who are prone to atrocity change their ways after they conquer their chosen target. Cool. I didn't know that until you brought that to my attention.

The Jews would have lived, the Chinese wouldn't have been slaughtered, Africa wouldn't have been enslaved, everything would have been goodness and light.

He may think that America is fucked up in its current state but it could have been far worse. People do not appreciate what they have or who gave it to them through their sacrifice on their behalf regardless of where they live.

I most certainly Do.:swing:

It never ceases to amaze me the degree of denial in people. It is an UNDENIABLE fact, that people born and raised in those years are largely responsible for the current situation of your country. Whether I think your situation is fucked up or not doesn't change that fact.

However, I feel obliged to say thanks for giving so much value to what I may think.

We don't know what the outcome might have been, had they not helped.

We don't know what the outcome might have been, had they not helped.

No, but we can extrapolate. The fact is though that we paid them good money for the help. ;)

Hey peel, a little slow on the uptake, huh?

Back