Science has all the answers

BeardofPants said:
WTF? Haven't you heard of a library?

Most libraries have books and non state-of-the-art magazines. Major scientific outbreaks are published on really really expensive magazines.

Luis G said:
Most libraries have books and non state-of-the-art magazines. Major scientific outbreaks are published on really really expensive magazines.

University libraries will normally have them though.

Luis G said:
My library has serials, and failing that, the university library has 'em as well, and increasingly, journals are available online.

My library

BeardofPants said:
My library has serials, and failing that, the university library has 'em as well, and increasingly, journals are available online.

My library

Most unis over here have a reduced set of subscriptions with journals, proceedings are more available than transactions thou. I only get as far as IEEE, but I wish I have access to AES and ISO/IEC.

chcr said:
Billions, acually. ;) The climatalogical fluctuations have only been going on for tens of millions though. Note that we're still in a cold phase. When the planet's in a warm phase there are no ice caps. The geological record shows that this has happened numerous times.

During which, the fishing in Kansas is reported to be second to none.

Back