SCO to Target Linux End-Users

chcr

Too cute for words
By Jim Wagner said:
After months of hints and allegations, SCO Group (Quote, Chart) is expected to name names in its copyright war against end-users who run the Linux operating system (OS) to power their businesses.
Darl McBride, SCO Group president and CEO, told attendees of the Software 2004 convention in San Francisco yesterday to expect the first names sometime on Tuesday, published reports said.
Link
:rolleyes:

Bill Gates should be cheering. Hackers have discovered a higher-value target than the windows update website for DOS attacks.

HomeLAN said:
Bill Gates should be cheering. Hackers have discovered a higher-value target than the windows update website for DOS attacks.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the story. :lol:

SCO Group reports 16-cent loss, more lawsuits
By JENNIFER PITTMAN
Sentinel correspondent
LINDON, UTAH — Shortly after announcing disappointing results for its first fiscal quarter, including a 16-cent per share quarterly loss, SCO Group announced another set of lawsuits against companies it claims are violating technology contracts for Unix or Linux technology.
SCO Group, which purchased Unix technology from Santa Cruz Operation in 2000 and continues to employ more than 70 people in Santa Cruz, has been waging a controversial international battle for technology rights. The actions have drawn ire from the open source movement and resulted in public and technology attacks against the company.
:lol2:

Link

I guess we'll be migrating our server to something else.

HomeLAN said:
I think SCO pretty much is Bill Gates anymore. :D What's $80-soemthing million anyway?

Back