Score one for the other guys

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

In Towson, near Baltimore, the local business association runs the town's Christmas celebrations ("The ceremony is sponsored by Baltimore County government and the Towson Business Association, which does most of the legwork"). And important in the celebrations are a local choir, a choir that has been there for many years to give voice on the big day when the Christmas tree is lit up and Santa arrives.

But this year the head of the business association, Susan Doordan, told the choir not to sing anything religious. But about half the songs the choir normally sings are in fact religious. So the choir rebelled. No songs at all for Towson this year, they said.

That got things rumbling. The head of the business association suddenly discovered that there was in fact no ban on religious songs and called the choir back and told them to sing whatever they liked.

**end**

Good for them. Wanna take Christ out of Christmas? We'll take ourselves out of your WinterFest.

I ain't sho where you live
in some back water perhaps

but I've come to a vicious realization

They’ve already won!

If you have occasion to talk to people nightly from all over
the United States you will find one common factor regarding
the once universal holiday greeting "Merry Christmas"

It has entered into the realm of the N-werd
(look I'm even afraid to type the N-werd,
gee if i was a black rapper I could type it?)
you can not say Merry Christmas OR Happy holidays
without placing yourself squarely in one camp or the other.

No Esse & Pee Pee if you ain't gonna finish the bunker
we's is gonna have to git up thar and lend you a hand pronto, Amigo!

They’ve already won!

This is what has me rattled, these PC people are off in the deep end and don't realize what America IS about. Were is the pride of the country in these people?

Winky said:
if you ain't gonna finish the bunker
we's is gonna have to git up thar and lend you a hand pronto, Amigo!

Work on the Rebel Roost has been slowed somewhat with the latest injury. Fear not, however...I shall realize my lifelong dream of hermitry in due course.

You know, I have personally making an effort to say "Merry Christmas" to everyone I deal with lately. I think it confused the Jehovah's Witless lady who accosted me in the Kroger parking lot this morning though when I said, "No thank you, everything you or anyone else believes about religion is a myth. Merry Christmas!" She was still staring at me as I drove away in my clapped out Trans Am. :D

OTOH, I'd like to mention that every generation sees impending change as the downfall of civilization. I fear it will survive with or without our approval.

I'm glad we can get away with "God jul". That works as a charm for both the religious and non-religious ones. :p

chcr said:
OTOH, I'd like to mention that every generation sees impending change as the downfall of civilization. I fear it will survive with or without our approval.

It is collapsing. When the population rises, it just takes longer to get word to everybody.

We may well have to rally round the rebel roast
to stage a last stand, so we'd better get that
kevlar insulation the Grotto recommended
installed toot sweet

I'll bring the Stinger missiles to defend against the warthog
strafin' runs!

Winky said:
We may well have to rally round the rebel roast
to stage a last stand, so we'd better get that
kevlar insulation the Grotto recommended
installed toot sweet

I'll bring the Stinger missiles to defend against the warthog
strafin' runs!

You intend to secede then?

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

In Towson, near Baltimore, the local business association runs the town's Christmas celebrations ("The ceremony is sponsored by Baltimore County government and the Towson Business Association, which does most of the legwork"). And important in the celebrations are a local choir, a choir that has been there for many years to give voice on the big day when the Christmas tree is lit up and Santa arrives.

But this year the head of the business association, Susan Doordan, told the choir not to sing anything religious. But about half the songs the choir normally sings are in fact religious. So the choir rebelled. No songs at all for Towson this year, they said.

That got things rumbling. The head of the business association suddenly discovered that there was in fact no ban on religious songs and called the choir back and told them to sing whatever they liked.

**end**

Good for them. Wanna take Christ out of Christmas? We'll take ourselves out of your WinterFest.

First Amendment would dictate they should have been able to sing. If people dont want to hear the X-mas songs then they can avoid going to places or listening to radio stations that play it.

Reason for the Season

A McDonald's restaurant in Raleigh, N.C. is under pressure to change a sign out front wishing passersby a Merry Christmas, according to WRAL-TV.

Some in town say the sign, which reads "Merry Christmas, Jesus is the Reason for the Season," comes on a bit too strong.

Among those who complained was Amanda Alpert, who called McDonald's corporate offices to ask that it be changed. "It offends me because it specifically talks about Jesus, Merry Christmas," she said.

STFU...If it offends you so much, go to Burger King. :rolleyes:

"Merry Christmas, Jesus is the Reason for the Season,"

The facts may be wrong but the sentiment is right. Who cares. we're getting free shit, jeez. :rolleyes:

Back