Scream, Shout, just gotta let it out!!!

Mare

So, the golf corse where I work, sold, and the new owners are taking it over 6:00 am this morning, I'm off from work today, but was told I could come meet with new management today at 8:00 am. Its a scary thing not knowing if you still are going to have a job?!?!?!
And if they are even going to offer you the same as the old management. Could always find another job, but I really liked working here and the ppl I work with. So, anyway, Ahhhhhh-----Scream-----Urghhhhh----- :cuss: :yell: :crying4:
Wish Me Luck...............................................................

Good luck Mare,I've had a few jobs where the business was sold and I wondered if I'd still have a job. Never lost my job but there is always an adjustment period when the new owners are setting things up the way they like them.:rolleyes: good luck on that too ,"change for change sake " has always been a pet peeve of mine.

The fact that they want to meet is a good sign. In a lot of cases, the firees get handled by the sellers....

You should be fine...in selloffs, most often it's the management and middle-managers that get turfed.

I've seen it far too often.

At least it's not like this past summer when Schiller Bowl here was sold to a polish deli. The guys there had no choice and a very short time to start looking for a new job.

Well, had a meeting with the new owners last night.....They seemed ok, they lied to us in telling us our superintendant from maintenance went to the mother company ,HE DIDNT, they let him go, and they told us our golf PRO, went there also, he didnt they let him go, so management was let go, they told me I still had my job, same pay rate "for now". They sign legal papers Dec. 15th, so meaning I am on a 30 day probation and they could do whatever they wanted after that.
I Panicked Monday, put in a job app. at another company,got a phone call to come in today for an interview. 50 cents more an hour, in 30 days bennefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, and a chance to work overtime in 3 wks, which would pay me time and 1/2, and to mention, I was getting paid every 2wks before, this pays every week, alittle further to drive for me but not much, hours 5:30am to 2:30 pm.....So what would you do, Me......I chose to make a job change.
So, today was my scheduled day to work at Long Marsh Golf Club, will I be there, NO..........My gut tells me im doing the right thing, I pray I am.... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What your gut SHOULD be telling you is to not burn your bridges with the golf club until you have the new job lined up and papers are signed stating so. You could call in sick for today to free yourself up for the interview, but don't completely abandon the old job just yet. If you do, and the new place doesn't end up hiring you, then you'd be left with no job at all.

0 cents more an hour, in 30 days bennefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, and a chance to work overtime in 3 wks, which would pay me time and 1/2, and to mention, I was getting paid every 2wks before, this pays every week, alittle further to drive for me but not much, hours 5:30am to 2:30 pm.....So what would you do

No brainer. If that job is offered, take it. Just don't screw yourself by jumping the gun on your current job.

If the outcome of all this is a raise, better working standards, and overtime, sounds like you're coming out smelling like a rose. Just pay attention to what Inky said.

Inkara1 said:
What your gut SHOULD be telling you is to not burn your bridges with the golf club until you have the new job lined up and papers are signed stating so. You could call in sick for today to free yourself up for the interview, but don't completely abandon the old job just yet. If you do, and the new place doesn't end up hiring you, then you'd be left with no job at all.

Was already one step ahead of you Inky....Had a co-worker tell them I would be in alittle late had an emergency and she covered for me.... :D
BUT Anyway-------I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
Change is a good thing...very scary...but a good thing.... :winkkiss:

If they've already given you your drug test papers, then now would be a good time to put in your notice at the old employer. Almost every employer tests for drugs before hiring these days, and since that costs the company money they don't test until they're sure they want to hire you.

Congratulations on the better job. I don't know if I could drag myself to work by 5:30 every morning, but if you can, then more power to you. :)

Yes,they do drug test at the new job, which is Not A Problem, only drugs I do are caffeine and nicotine. Already gave my notice in, actually they gave it to me, which was fine with me. There was a few choice words I needed to get off my chest, & Shewwwww, do I feel good........ :swing: :la: :devious:
As for waking up that early, im up at 5 usually anyway, even on my days off, seems like a ritual here, early risers and early to bedders.

Well, I screwed for the most part of the end of the day yesterday!!!!
(window frames that is....gotcha's :lol2: )

physical labor SUCKS!!!!!

I HURT PPL!!! :crying4: :crying4:
Whats a fast cure for Very Sore Mucsles.....Quick - Help...

Direct rub linaments like Absorbine Jr and the like are decent for sore muscles. Extra water, a few Tylenol... and a hot Epsom Salt bath.

Mare said:
Well, I screwed for the most part of the end of the day yesterday!!!!
(window frames that is....gotcha's :lol2: )

physical labor SUCKS!!!!!

I HURT PPL!!! :crying4: :crying4:
Whats a fast cure for Very Sore Mucsles.....Quick - Help...

Sex? :shrug:

The absolute best way is with a nice dose of creatine monohydrate and gatorade ... but I don't think you want to go out and spend the $30 on raw supplies.

unclehobart said:
The absolute best way is with a nice dose of creatine monohydrate and gatorade ... but I don't think you want to go out and spend the $30 on raw supplies.

just by drinking alot of fluids will make sore muscles stop hurting? I didnt know this.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "cure," but it would help. Drink lots of gatorade, powerade, that sort of thing. It replenishes stuff the body loses that water doesn't have.

Also, take it from a guy who spent a long time lifting 90-lb. bags of concrete into trucks at Home Depot... it gets easier the more you do it. After a couple weeks of it, you'll wonder why you ever complained.

Mare said:
just by drinking alot of fluids will make sore muscles stop hurting? I didnt know this.
Its just the simple principle that by flooding your system with lots of water you cause the body to dilute the toxins that are present. Also, a great amount of water casues the water to flush in and out of your cells quicker as the body tries to eliminate excess. The toxins are naturally piggy-backed out with the flushing water. The creatine monohydrate amplifies this effect as a secondary benefit.

Back