selling out

catocom

(haven't found the story on the web yet)
I just heard that Indiana is getting Spain to build a toll road there, and Spain
will get the toll.
So where is this going to stop....selling out the country. :confused:

I thought there was a law about the roads or something???

Eventually we won't have to leave American soil to leave the country...It's leaving us
a piece at a time. :disgust2:

There is nobody in the area that can build a road?

Sorry I don't buy the lowest bid shit. As part of the contract have it required that they will need to have an American Union representing the workers...

Union? Yechhhh. There's gotta be a better way - like requiring the parent company to be US based.

so what's the big deal?

they had the best bid. they won the contract.

why would anyone care that it's a spanish company?

we're doing commercial shit all over the globe...

HOLD IT!!!! STOP the presses.

A Spanish & Australian group wants to hand our governor a check for three point seven five Billion dollars to lease the Indiana Toll Road for 75 years.

They pay for all upkeep. They get all receipts.

The state legislature passed an authorization bill yesterday.

Indiana curently is losing $22 million a year on this road. Using the average previous growth figures & moving them forward, it'll take this toll system 46 years to make $3.75B.

They've already spent the money on capital improvements (The Port to the Fort & extending I69 from Indy to Evansville on what will eventually be a single road from the Detroit area to the Gulf coast) as well as several other major projects in the state.

Nobody is forced to take the toll road & I for one hope they don't. Let this consortium lose their ass & we keep the cash.

Indiana curently is losing $22 million a year on this road.
Losing? into who's pocket?
This might look good on paper, but I'm telling ya, it's bad.
This is another catalyst for more bad sellouts.

HomeLAN said:
Union? Yechhhh. There's gotta be a better way - like requiring the parent company to be US based.

The unions will show how to rape and pillage American style. Other then that let em continue to die on the vine with the declining roles through misrepresentation...

Yhey (the unions) put out propaganda to its members about how well off a company is and end up putting people out of work.
Take a look at Consolidated Freightways. That company went into recievership because of the over pay and entitlements of the company.

Another example is Ford and GM. they are both in finacial trouble through entitlements demanded by the unions that misrepresenting the workers through misrepresenting the members by running the companies down and putting people out of work...

Okay I think i understand what you mean...

as to the second point - ford and GM have done many, many other things (or, more accurately, failed to do timely things because of complacency) since about the mid 60's that have done just as much if not more than any labor/bene/pension stuff, and as to the latter, there have been 'normalized' relations between the auto companies and union labor since the 50s, and they've had plenty of time to get it right... i'm more inclined to blame managerial ineptitude than anything else at this point for their situations.

GM in particular behaves as sluggishly as a government bureaucracy, and, like many corporations, is far more concerned with its internal social scene than anything having to do with consumers and what they want.

wankers, the lot of 'em.

It's actually an interesting phenomena to watch.

Everybody screams for change & for leadership & for privitzation...until it happens.

Toll roads, in the current economic climate are horseshit. The amount of money we pay in gas taxes & registraion for our vehicles needs to be put where it's intended...in fixing, maintaining & building roads.

I can't wait for somebody to have the cajones to make SSA private...just to watch the heads explode.

Yeah it won't be long now
America will only be famous for its movies

and military weapons exports!

Gonz said:
Everybody screams for change & for leadership & for privitzation...until it happens.

That's only half right. They scream for privitization and then scream for the government to step in and exercise control. :lloyd:

Re the change in leadership thing, doesn't matter who the leaders are nearly half of the citizens aren't going to like it. That's simply a fact of life.

Back