Separate but...separate

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

African-Canadian leaders in Toronto fed up following a spate of gun murders in that city are calling for separate rules, institutions and policies for blacks, according to the Toronto Star.

A coalition of 22 community groups, the Coalition of African Canadian Organizations, is calling its proposals "separateness." But it's not segregation, they say. Only two types of people would call it that, says banker Hugh Graham: "an individual who doesn't understand the challenges the community faces, which are much more significant than those faced by other communities; and the individual who would not wish to see the community uplifted."

Among the demands are for separate courts to deal with non-violent black offenders, a separate economic development agency, "black-focused schools" and an African-Canadian cultural center.

**end**

Equality, but treat us special. We want the same as everyone else, unless we want special treatment.

"Black focused schools"? Plenty of 'em in Africa, help yourselves.

Hope y'all are happy with the state of things. Me, I'm buying Quik-Rete by the boxcar load.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Hope y'all are happy with the state of things. Me, I'm buying Quik-Rete by the boxcar load.

*watching my stock in Quik-Rete go up...Just a few more incidents, and SnP may make me a millionaire... :D

What you don't know, SnP is that Toronto is 'special' in a short-bus kinda way. Something in the water.

It'll never fly but it does catch a lot of ink.

With as much concrete as the compound is going to need I'd just as soon hire Artesia Ready-Mix and have them bring the cement mixer truck right to the job site instead of mixing it bag by bag.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Gives me something to do while I watch Western civilization crumble.

My favorite part is all the people who deny it's happening.

That's pretty much the treatment the natives in Chiapas are fighting for. They are a bunch of lazy fuckers that blame goverment for all their problems and now they want special treatment and respect for their culture, but ohh yes, they want all the juicy budget they can get from the state. :mad:

Luis G said:
They are a bunch of lazy fuckers that blame goverment for all their problems and now they want special treatment and respect for their culture, but ohh yes, they want all the juicy budget they can get from the state. :mad:

A statement like that about the group in question here, made in the United States of the Offended, land of the free(bie) and home of the naive, will get you scolded.

SouthernN'Proud said:
A statement like that about the group in question here, made in the United States of the Offended, land of the free(bie) and home of the naive, will get you scolded.
No, no, that'd be just cause for litigation.

Back