Shackup U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never tried to deal with college, as a parent, have you? They will tell you nothing...because of privacy concerns of their adult students, for which they require parental financial info if there is any financial aid.

I've been on the student end of it. Any parent can yank their kid out of school at any time they please if they're paying the bill. :shrug: It didn't happen to me, but to a good friend. He told his dad to fuck off and got a job. He went back the next semester.

Now, if there's financial aid, that belongs to the student (regardless of who's paying the lion's share of the bill) and muddies the water a bit. It's also a disingenuous way to change your argument.

Transparent as a mountain stream. :lol:

Young girl off to college on her own is prolly safer in her dormroom with a man she's friends with as a roomie rather than a 98 pound Nicole Ritchie wannabe she doesn't know from Adam. :shrug:

I don't see the big hairy ordeal either.

AND

I'm also sure that watching a guy snore and fart and drool in his sleep with his hand down his boxers for a few nights will almost certainly destroy the air of mystery around maleness and drive her straight back to her studies.

It's also a disingenuous way to change your argument.

My argument never changed. The schools don't allow the parents to see the grades or have a say in anything else. You do have the right to pull your kid but if all schools have this policy, it's polintless. If your kid goes to college & doesn't pay cash, you are required to provide financial information but have no say so in the students collegiate activities.

My argument never changed. The schools don't allow the parents to see the grades or have a say in anything else. You do have the right to pull your kid but if all schools have this policy, it's polintless. If your kid goes to college & doesn't pay cash, you are required to provide financial information but have no say so in the students collegiate activities.

So you don't trust your kid to provide the info then?,I'm sure if they were looking at having to get a job and foot the bill themselves they'd give up the info.:grinyes:

The next step in dorm degeneration

I'm against this. Particularly when it's two students who don't even know one another. This opens so many doors for rape, other crimes, and God knows what else.

And when even the college don't know the difference between a man and a woman, I worry even more. I mean, are there other "notions of gender" besides male and female? And no, trans- or alt- or whatever is not an option. Lemme make it real simple for ya. You either got a pecker, or ya don't. End of debate. I never dreamed that the concept would be foreign to college students much less the damn college itself.

*retreates back into social isolation...y'all are just crazy.

If both parties consent to it, and are comfortable with it,I see no problem

As I said earlier, similar things were happening in college when I was there thirty years ago. The only reason that it's "news" now is because some self-righteous dickweeds need something to be almightily offended by and they pick this. No one with an ounce of sense really cares. Everybody wants to make it something it's not. It's okay with her, it's okay with him, it's okay with the school, everyone involved is an adult. Everyone else can fuck off whether they want to or not.

"Example of the degradation of society" my left one. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Get your own life and let these folks live theirs.

End of rant. Go on about your business. Nothing to see here.

As I said earlier, similar things were happening in college when I was there thirty years ago. The only reason that it's "news" now is because some self-righteous dickweeds need something to be almightily offended by and they pick this. No one with an ounce of sense really cares. Everybody wants to make it something it's not. It's okay with her, it's okay with him, it's okay with the school, everyone involved is an adult. Everyone else can fuck off whether they want to or not.

"Example of the degradation of society" my left one. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Get your own life and let these folks live theirs.

Wow. What a sad little man you must be sometimes.

That sums up my opinion; though what brought the rant about Chic? You didn't seem upset earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back