Sharky

Yep....dumbasses. Maybe next time they'll read the "Watch Overhead Power Generators" sign more carefully.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
um...yeah... they're both dead... so?

:lol:

Is that not the great struggle? I'm not sure my lack of belief is any more correct than the Pope's (asssumed) absolute belief.

Rose said:
i don't get it. Who's Nietzsche ?
Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher of the late 19th century who challenged the foundations of traditional morality and Christianity. He believed in life, creativity, health, and the realities of the world we live in, rather than those situated in a world beyond. Central to Nietzsche's philosophy is the idea of "life-affirmation," which involves an honest questioning of all doctrines which drain life's energies, however socially prevalent those views might be. Often referred to as one of the first "existentialist" philosophers, Nietzsche has inspired leading figures in all walks of cultural life, including dancers, poets, novelists, painters, psychologists, philosophers, sociologists and social revolutionaries.
link

Rose said:
i don't get it. Who's Nietzsche ?

The most depressing Philosopher. He started the trend of Nihilism...followed by intellectuals who saw through society but instead turned out to be well educated, emo, pseudo intellectuals who had a depressing personality and a even more depressing existence.

He made some good observations but the guy was whino and a cynic of heroic porportions.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
sorry, but I don't agree.... in fact I happen to be a fan of nihilism :p

You're an exception then.

Has anyone ever told you your user name is horribly used out of context.
I suggest a name change.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
happy to hear suggestions.... but I'm partial to it... sorry if it that's not logical, but there it is :D

I am partial to the name "Noodles" and "Bubbles" but those are more humorous names.

How about "Semblance"

No semblance of hope for humanity.

all definitions but #4 and #5 suit me fine :cool:

ni·hil·ism
n.
Philosophy.
1 An extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence.
2 A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
3 Rejection of all distinctions in moral or religious value and a willingness to repudiate all previous theories of morality or religious belief.
4 The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.
also Nihilism A diffuse, revolutionary movement of mid 19th-century Russia that scorned authority and tradition and believed in reason, materialism, and radical change in society and government through terrorism and assassination.
Psychiatry.
5 A delusion, experienced in some mental disorders, that the world or one's mind, body, or self does not exist.

2 A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.

That is proved false by simply opening ones eyes to what is right in front of them. Sight is communication & awareness is knowledge.

#1 is plainly ridiculous.

#4 is terrorism revisited.

LOL, Sharky your sig reminds me of a book I've read called 'The Secret Diary of God'. In it God encounters Freud who, after extensive psycho analysis, proves to God that he in fact does not exist. Bloody hilarious book.

Hey Natalie - how 'bout Brandy, Mandy, Sandy, Candy or any of those other popular cheerleader names? ;)

AlphaTroll said:
LOL, Sharky your sig reminds me of a book I've read called 'The Secret Diary of God'. In it God encounters Freud who, after extensive psycho analysis, proves to God that he in fact does not exist. Bloody hilarious book.

That sounds like a good one! I'll see if I can find a copy. Thanks for mentioning it! :cool:

Back