She finally did it!

Aunty Em

Yep, Katie finally wrecked her workstation... she just won't get it through her head that she can't lean on it... shes's broken the welded joints at the bottom of the uprights! I sunddenly noticed last night that her monitor was leaning at a precarious angle. As you can see it's been repaired before but it's now beyond it... :eek:

We live and we learn, or we live and we break stuff. I can't remember which. :confuse3:

Not to worry... I made her buy a new one with some of her Easter money... solid sides, no moving parts... I defy her to break this one!

Erm, maybe I shouldn't have said that... ?(

But I did jump up and down on the display model in the shop to see how tough it was... :D

use east-german style workstations...they can hold 1000+ kg's....lol
weld metal bars with a diameter of .5 m to it, and you'll be fine :headbang:

It's a Bush... Made in Germany... from a local office supplies store... not bad for £40. It was flatpacked and went together with dowels (to which I added wood glue), 2" allen screws and those funny screw connections. It seems a solid as a rock.... for now!

There are cheaper ones about but I didn't think they'd last 5 minutes... :D

Well, we'll see. It took her about 18 months to finish off the other one, but I did have to put it back together 4 times...

I did notice though, she's NOT leaning on this one... :)

metal bars. 0.5 m thick...believe me, there won't be a problem at all...:D

not very good lookin' but functional :D fully kid-proof ;)

I did look at some metal ones, but they were either too small or too big. This one is a little bit bigger than I wanted as she can't get her cabinet in next to it. But we got most of her CDs on the bottom shelf... well half of them, so she see out the window again.

I'm thinking maybe I should take a course in bricklaying for the next one?

I can't get her off it... I'm thinking of giving her webcam and getting her wireless networked to my computer so I can tell her when dinner's ready and actually have her take notice... :lol:

Maybe that way we might actually have a conversation occassionally too when she's "too busy" and tells me to go away...

She loves seeing herself on camara... :D

Shadowfax said:
metal bars. 0.5 m thick...believe me, there won't be a problem at all...:D

Yes, not even the strongest man in the world could bend a 0.5m thick solid metal bars.

Back