SHOES!

Mirlyn

Going shoe-shopping in a little bit, so....I want to hear about them. :D

How many do you have? Favorite brands? Favorite styles?

I did the yearly WalMart/Payless shoes up until about three years ago. Then I saw a pair of Addidas running shoes on sale for $50 and bought 'em. I was in love. They fit better than any previous shoes (got long/narrow feet), lasted longer than a year, and really weren't any more expensive than the cheapos. I was hooked on the $20 cheapies for awhile before "taking the next step" and boy I'm glad I did. :D I wore those Addidas nearly all day for two years straight (lasted two years of summer camp too--six months of over 5-mile/day outdoor walking) and still use them on weekends. About a year ago I needed a new pair of shoes because the Addidas were showing their age (needed a better-looking pair for work environments). I looked high and low and didn't find much that fit my tastes. I ended up buying a pair of Nikes on sale for $70 and had them for a year. I don't like them. Good tread for winter/wet environments, but hell on me at work. I work 6-8 hours walking and standing on tile floors (retail) and those Nike's just kill me. From the back of my legs to my hips, up my back, shoulders, and throught my neck I just ache. I come home and immediately switch back to the Addidas. I've dealt with it since last year, so I'm going to switch. I saw another pair of Addidas on sale in the paper Friday, gonna go see what they've got. :headbang:

I normally don't like brand names in any kind of apparel, but this is one exception. So, lets put the shoe on the other foot and hear what you have to say.

i've had the same problems with Nike's and Reeboks. they wear out too fast and they kill my back and feet. i only buy New Balance shoes now. i can get a least a year out of them at work, then aybe another year or 2 as everyday shoes. the other brands fall apart in less than a year.

I'm hard on shoes, but the cheapy ones I get at walmart seem to last loger than the really expensive italian jobbies.

But my all time favorite is still Dr. Martins, I've had teh same pair for 15 years now, and they are still in one peice

i try to wear shoes as little as possible. i tend to wear sandals and flipflops for most of the year and for that month or so when it's too cold i'll bust out the doc martens.

I got a pair of Airwalks a month or so ago...they are like walking on a cloud! Before that I had Sketchers and at first they were good but they only lasted about 5 months or so before they started killing my feet. We shall see how long the Airwalks last :)

i dont get to wear tennis shoes very often, so mine last longer than id like them to. but when i do go buy them i get new balance or doc martens.
casual shoes are almost exclusive martens now. rugged and long lasting.

Dr Marten boots really are the dogs dangly's .......last for ages and don't mess yer feet up :smoke4:

Army surplus Para boots ......... f'king strong, bit heavy for the summer tho'. Soon be time to put the hiking boots away and break those out tho' (winter is on it's way).

Can't be having with trainers and tennis shoes..........too flimsy, I'll leave those for the kids to wear :eh:

Nixy said:
I got a pair of Airwalks a month or so ago...they are like walking on a cloud! Before that I had Sketchers and at first they were good but they only lasted about 5 months or so before they started killing my feet. We shall see how long the Airwalks last :)
I tried Airwalks, Sketchers, and Vans. I liked the Vans better than all of them. My Airwalks felt great, but separated from the sole after about seven months. But my bro still wears his that he bought almost two years ago now. :)

I tried on Doc Martins and didn't like them at all. Felt like clod hoppers...like I was wearing expensive bricks. But, to each their own I suppose. :p

By the way, I bought the Adidas Response for $50. My Nike's are at home and I'm walking back to pleasure. :headbng2:

I hate shoe shopping.

That said, I have a gazillion pair of shoes. Maybe not that many, but at least twenty pair or so (a small number for most women, I think). I love my new tennis shoes, but I forget what they are. *shrugs*

Did I mention I hate shoe shopping?

:hmm: Rose, that statement is about as believable as "I won't cum in your mouth." Theres no such thing as a woman who hates shoe shopping..... :D

Asics, Adidas and New Balance have always been kind to my feet. I don't know much about Nike's support, because my feet are wide and Nike shoes run narrow. My current shoes are the New Balance 601. I'd had a pair of Vans skater shoes before that. When I got them, within a week or two I had to get new insoles for them so my feet wouldn't hirt. Then, over the next few months the sole itself broke down in such a way that there was no support at all right behind the toes. The blisters I got were amazing, and the interior pain made it to where I could barely move. The shoes were only 7 or 8 months old at that time.

Squiggy said:
:hmm: Rose, that statement is about as believable as "I won't cum in your mouth." Theres no such thing as a woman who hates shoe shopping..... :D

I know. Freaky, huh? But I really do. :s I'm pretty self conscious about my feet. Farm feet they is. I'm a size 9.5 or 10 depending, and if it's a "wide" shoe - all the better. *le sigh* I suppose I don't mind shopping at places like DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse - kickass!) or Payless where all the shoes are in front of me. But I absolutely detest having to shop at stores such as Dillards or Penny's for shoes and have the clerk go back and get the shoe for me. Dammit. I want to rummage through the boxes myself and not worry about a silly clerk looking at me feet.

:s

Every year, I'm given a new pair of Dr. Scholls loafers for my birthday. I haven't shopped for shoes in a decade.

I hate shoe shopping but only cause it does a HUGE number on my bank account...

I have size 9.5-10 feet and often need wide shoes but I don't give a damn. I figure they're prolly seen it all. Hell, my Airwalks are guy's shoes! They are DAMN purtty though!

2 pairs of all black converse chuck taylors. i am looking for combat style boots. so for right now jsut the two pairs.

Mirlyn said:
I tried Airwalks, Sketchers, and Vans. I liked the Vans better than all of them. My Airwalks felt great, but separated from the sole after about seven months. But my bro still wears his that he bought almost two years ago now. :)

I tried on Doc Martins and didn't like them at all. Felt like clod hoppers...like I was wearing expensive bricks. But, to each their own I suppose. :p

Vans rawk! :swing:

I wear Boater's World boat shoes when I'm not wearing my Vans.

Because I work in a retail environment, I spend the majority of my time in my Skechers that make my feet happy.

When I'm out shopping, I usually wear a pair of flat sandals.

When I go out to eat, out clubbing, clubbing, to friends, etc. I wear my 4 or 5 inch heeled strappy sandals that beg for my attention. If they didn't kill my feet after 3 hours, I'd wear them all day every day....

Brand name wise, I only wear Skechers brand sneakers, but for my sandals, if they look good and are a decent price, the brand doesn't matter

Funny about this thread, because I'm skimming through a shoe catalog right now...

Back