SHOES!

I've got three pairs of shoes i wear regularly:

vans, love em, too bad the soles are starting to look awfully worn, but they're 2 years old so go figure.

chaco sandals, i'll never buy another pair, because these ones kick so much ass. and they have enough toe support that i can run in them.

asics running shoes, cheap and they hold up pretty well.

1 pair of brown shoes, the ones i use more often.
1 pair of black shoes, also often used.
1 pair of black shoes, used only when i wear a suit.
1 pair of tennis, rarely use them, just to wash the car.
1 pair of elegant sandals, if you can call them that way, for hot days.
and finally, 1 pair of home sandals.

Squiggy said:
:hmm: Rose, that statement is about as believable as "I won't cum in your mouth." Theres no such thing as a woman who hates shoe shopping..... :D

Yeah, there is. You're looking at her. I own seven pairs of shoes, and they were all bought more than two years ago...

Well, I'm just gonna copy & paste from another site where I posted a reply to the same sort of thread.

Tekkies (what we call sneakers)
2 Pairs Nike
2 Pairs Adidas
1 Pair Reebok
2 Pairs Sketchers

Boots
4 Pairs Black knee height
1 Pair Brown Knee height
1 Pair Brown seude ankle height
1 Pair 'Camel' suede ankle height

Sandals
7 Pairs strappy black
1 Pair strappy silver
2 Pairs strappy brown

Casual / Clogs
4 Pairs black
2 Pairs brown
1 Pair beige

And then an assortment of about 15 pairs of slops, strops and slippers and stuff. And about 7 pairs of black closed shoes that I wear mainly for work during winter.

And I have a handbag to match every pair of shoes that I own. So I'm a shopaholic - sue me :p

re : shoes

i just bought a another pair of BIRKENSTOCKs (german), i love them, great for chefs and cooks, they are also good for wearing out cause you never slip in them even when really drunk! they look nice too which is always an added bonus:winkkiss:
i also have a pair of 11 hole army boots, but i sometimes struggle with the laces so i just use rope to wrap around them:rofl2:

Re: re : shoes

the only brand i'm really loyal to, as far as shoooooz go, is Converse. i have two pairs of Hi-top Chuck Taylors -- black with flames, and plain red.
and once i cash my paycheck, im getting the pink hi-tops :)

i guess i have a bit of a shoe fetish, because i also have sexay pattent "leather" shoes with heels that kill my feet yet i'm still delighted to wear; a pair of ultra hot black boots wiht laces; and more recently, a pair of TWO-TONED WINGTIP MARY-JANES!!

i was happy to find those... the last in my size... on clearance.

ash r said:
the only brand i'm really loyal to, as far as shoooooz go, is Converse

connies rock!!:grinyes:
i have 2 pairs of those as well, one stinky pair :barfonu:and a slightly better smelling pair:laugh2:

breaky said:
i just bought a another pair of BIRKENSTOCKs (german), i love them, great for chefs and cooks, they are also good for wearing out cause you never slip in them even when really drunk! they look nice too which is always an added bonus:winkkiss:
i also have a pair of 11 hole army boots, but i sometimes struggle with the laces so i just use rope to wrap around them:rofl2:
They're here too. A friend and I set up their computer systems in the two stores that just opened. Never tried their shoes...too expensive for me. :p

I've got three pairs of sneakers now and two pairs of hiking boots (insulated and not). Not much for sandals. I burn way too easily, and sunburned feet are a PAIN. ;)

tommyj27 said:
they still are, look at Kobe. ;)

He's not a pro that wears Cons... he's a pro that's soon to be a con. :D

By that same token, I guess we could say that Jerry Tarkanian had his pros and cons at Fresno State. :D

Luis G said:
You need to visit warmer places then ;)

LOL - Luis, are you sending me to hell? 'Cos that's about the only place warmer than where I am :D

But seriously, I always think it looks wrong for grown men to wear those Jesus sandals........only the European tourists do it here :shrug:

AlphaTroll said:
LOL - Luis, are you sending me to hell? 'Cos that's about the only place warmer than where I am :D

But seriously, I always think it looks wrong for grown men to wear those Jesus sandals........only the European tourists do it here :shrug:
jesus sandals! thats great!

*writes that down*

Yay - I'm going shoe shopping!!!!! Great new summer styles out and I need some new ones after throwing out just about half of my closet.

Being quite heavy I tend to walk through most "normal" shoes in about 3 - 6 months... the soles just aren't up to it. I also take a UK size 8(US 9) and have wider than average feet. So I think I have about 3 pairs just for special occassions. I stopped bothering with high heels years ago partly 'cos of my height and partly 'cos I can't see the point of crippling myself for fashion. I rarely wear heels higher than 1 1/4".

I've been buying Sketchers Sport since well before Britney made them popular and the manufacturer upped the price! I usually buy them in the sales and have never paid more than £45 ($67) for a pair, usually much less. My oldest pair is about 3 years old, they look like new and the soles are barely worn and are extremely comfortable and I presently have 2 pairs. I also like Catapillar boots for the same reason... I've never had to walk a pair in, unlike normal shoes... they go well with jeans and are about 3 years old, I only have one pair of those at the moment... don't ask the price! I also have a pair of Hitec sport/walking sandels which I bought in a sale while on holiday for half-price @ £20 ($33.41), which are 3 years old and virtually untouched by wear despite having worn them almost every day from May till October each year since I bought them. Plus a pair each of Hawkshead walking sandels and boots (bright orange just to be different! ;) ), which I wear occassionally. Oh and 2 pairs of Reebok, one trailshoes, one trainers. And one pair of Kangaroos...

I don't have slippers, I'm either barefoot or wear a pair of black swim sandels.

I'm really not into shoes in a big way, I just like them to be comfortable, supportive and look good. My sister was a real shoe fetishist though and had over 250 pairs in her wardrobe... I think that was just mad!

my boyfriend's sister told me she has a closet full of shoes she wore once, and never wore again because they were painful

Mirlyn said:
jesus sandals! thats great!

*writes that down*

We call 'em desert wellies here.........

Never worn sandals meself......to lazy to cut me toenails regularly :eh:

Back