Should we try to put this to rest?

Should we try to get this subject closed once and for all?

• yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • don't care/ doesn't matter

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

catocom

From the Cato Inst. :nerd:

Should Congress Investigate Misleading Prewar Intelligence?

Washington is in high dungeon these days over the events leading up to the Iraq war.

Democrats charge President Bush with misleading the Congress and the electorate over prewar intelligence. Last week, Sen. John Kerry said Mr. Bush’s handling of the war was “one of the great acts of misleading and deception in American history.”

Full story at fox (an interesting read)

Umm... the prewar intelligence was not misleading. At least, not as far as I could tell.

Any information garnered, by any means, is to be used to the weight it merits at decision time. What is then learned later is to be added to the existing information for the purpose of evaluation. To do less is irresponsible leadership. No matter who is in power, no matter who is whining.

There is no current group capable of a fair & unbiased evaluation. History will decide, as it always does.

And history will show that President Bush was nearly
as great a President as our hero Ronnie!!!

Yep GW won the War on Terrorism in his two terms.

If we'd had a right proper Republican Cowboy in the Whitehouse
at the end of WWII we'd not have to have sat under the threat
of Noo-clear destruction fo foty yars.

Fookin' A-Rabs better be mindful of them thar peas and Q's

Or we'll send sum boi's over thar to a straighten em' out!

Or ya know
we never did get to use any of that cold war hardwares:

Mirv.JPG

c'mon we could wipe out the moosie werld inna afternoon

don't push yer luck there Hadji !

Winky is anxious to kill millions of innocent people.

As for the poll, this should be investigated to the fullest extent possible. Hopefully Bush will get impeached.

If the government can spend a fortune investigating Clinton's sex life certainly this warrants an even closer look.

yep them millions of 'innocent' people that HATE America
and dance in the streets every 9-11th, may they broil
in the plasma of a fusion cloud for all eternity!

Do you know each one of them hates America and dances in the streets? No, many of them just go to work each day.

Gonz said:
There is no current group capable of a fair & unbiased evaluation. History will decide, as it always does.

God, let's hope not. There are very few fair, unbiased historians. None with textbooks to sell.

chcr said:
Umm... the prewar intelligence was not misleading. At least, not as far as I could tell.
I don't really think it was misleading either really. Just not sufficient enough.
I'd like to know why Tenant Really resigned myself.
Of coarse it probably won't happen, and if it does, we still won't get anywhere
because they start saying they can say anything because of security reasons.
I'm thinking, as the article reads...We'll get some more of the people on the record though.
I think though, that not only a review of the intel, but of the responses from
the politicians at the time should be in play.

All this after the border issue of coarse. :nerd:

catocom said:
I don't really think it was misleading either really. Just not sufficient enough.
Of coarse it probably won't happen, and if it does, we still won't get anywhere
because they start saying they can say anything because of security reasons.
I'm thinking, as the article reads...We'll get some more of the people on the record though.
I think though, that not only a review of the intel, but of the responses from
the politicians at the time should be in play.

All this after the border issue of coarse. :nerd:

In fact, I thought it was sufficient as well. I did not then (nor do I now) think it warranted the conclusions drawn by the administration. But then I thought there'd be war in Iraq from the moment I realized that Bush would win (more or less) the first election. It was inevitable that a reason would be found or manufactured.

flavio said:
millions of innocent people.

The day that the average Muhammed goes before the press & denounces these animals, I'll start believeing that. Until then, while most are not political, a massive majority appears to support the actions of the terrorists. That may not be true, however, as we all know, silence gives consent.

catocom said:

The buck stops here. He gets paid tp take the bullet.

chcr said:
I thought there'd be war in Iraq from the moment I realized that Bush would win (more or less) the first election. It was inevitable that a reason would be found or manufactured.
I disagree with that first part, but I did think this same thing.

Well, I'll tell ya what flav, when we make glass, you can say nothing & maintain yours.

You have no reason to think there'll be any glass making...and being happy about the idea of killing millions of innocents certainly would make you no better than anyone dancing in the street over 9/11.

Back