Should we try to put this to rest?

Should we try to get this subject closed once and for all?

• yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • don't care/ doesn't matter

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
flavio said:
My 'action' would be sending in SWAT to do their job. You're 'action' would be bombing an apartment building full of people that had nothing to do with the situation. Yet you have the gall to talk about saving lives when you'd be costing far more.

Which is why we end up with Vietnam & Somalia & (the attempt at) Iraq. Somebody has to make the ugly calls. Guess you're not the one. Run once, they get mouthy. Run twice & they blow up the WTC.

Gato_Solo said:
Number one. There are no SWAT teams in a war zone. You fail to realize that important fact that I mentioned.
Texas is a war zone now?

Number two. You have no idea if the building full of people you are so willing to save are part of the plot or not,
Right, seems unlikely in our scenario....but kill them all anyway right?

so, while you play armchair general, with no experience on your side, you'd happily send people in to die on a whim.
I'd be sending SWAT in to do their job. Maybe there could be some deaths. However you'd be guaranteeing far far more deaths....on a whim.

Here's a real good clue for ya'...most, if not all, of the buildings that said bomber would run into are full of his/her cronies
Big assumption

just waiting for someone like you to be afraid to pull the trigger.
No, I'll pull the trigger....not kill everyone in the building indicriminately..... - Leslie
Number three. I'll be damned if I let one troop under my orders storm a building that may be full of insurgents.
...or full of Texans.

You're damned straight I'd blow the building...If I'm wrong, then I'll pay the price. I'm willing to do that as well.
Again...good thing you're not in charge.

Now how far are you willing to go?
Already told you.

..... - Leslie

1. How big is the building? I have to assume that this isn't a house, or he would've said house.

2. How many rooms?

3. What type of building? Office? Apartment? Bank? Shopping Center?

4. How big is your squad? (Most important)

And BTW........ - Leslie.

Gonz said:
Which is why we end up with Vietnam & Somalia & (the attempt at) Iraq. Somebody has to make the ugly calls. Guess you're not the one. Run once, they get mouthy. Run twice & they blow up the WTC.
Now Vietnam was a good idea and leaving caused 9/11? :rolleyes:

Somebody has to make some good calls. Guess you're not the one.

flavio said:
Now Vietnam was a good idea and leaving caused 9/11? :rolleyes:

Somebody has to make some good calls. Guess you're not the one.

You do place words in others mouths alot don't you? Care to used your intelligence & make a real stab at my point?

If I were the one making decisions, you would know you were safe.

Gonz said:
You do place words in others mouths alot don't you? Care to used your intelligence & make a real stab at my point?
You have no point alot. I was taking a stab at finding it.

If I were the one making decisions, you would know you were safe.
I feel unsafe just thinking about it.

Back