sibling question

tonksy

as most of you know i have 2 toddlers daughters, 4 & 3. they are fifteen months apart and not too far off from each other in size. i use a clothing pool kind of thing with their clothes because they wear roughly the same size...but now that i am about to get my youngest out of the diapers and into big girl panties it occured to me...do sibling sometimes share underwear? i have no siblings to compare to and rob didn't share his brothers clothes.
so is 2 young siblings sharing panties gross? i think it may be but i can't really justify it....afterall they share dresses, shoes, bath time, and toys....they do however have seperate toothbrushes...i don't know where to draw the line.

of course i'd wash them first! see here is my problem. what if one hectic monday morning all i can find are 2 pairs of marlowes panties? i don't know when the last time you tried to keep track of someones elses underwear consumption is but i can tell you it is a pain in the butt! i bought 3 new packs of panties- one for each girl (2 packs of 9) and then a pretty (7) set that i plain to use as a carrot to get malory out of the diapers. so i have enough that everyone has their own...but every once and awhile is not so gross, eh?

chcr said:
Skid marks though.

That's how you make sure noone wears yours.

Tonks, at that age, it doesn't matter. But in a year or two, it will. Once in a while, or by accident is nothing.

Professur said:
That's how you make sure noone wears yours.

Tonks, at that age, it doesn't matter. But in a year or two, it will. Once in a while, or by accident is nothing.

Ahh, I see.

I don't know, I never thought about it. Being 3 years apart meant storing the clothes for a while if we were to share them, and I don't remember us doing that. Besides, with our underwear, we're in total agreement, no sharing. That just means I have to get to them first. :D

tonksy said:
of course i'd wash them first! see here is my problem. what if one hectic monday morning all i can find are 2 pairs of marlowes panties? i don't know when the last time you tried to keep track of someones elses underwear consumption is but i can tell you it is a pain in the butt! i bought 3 new packs of panties- one for each girl (2 packs of 9) and then a pretty (7) set that i plain to use as a carrot to get malory out of the diapers. so i have enough that everyone has their own...but every once and awhile is not so gross, eh?
at their ages, I see absolutely nothin wrong with it. They'll prolly be the same size for a good while too, stupid and impossible to keep track, especially when they start just grabbin whatever and putting it on themselves anyway :D

If the panties go through a bleach wash, I don't think there's anything wrong with them sharing the same ones.

They can share undies and boyfriends if in your home
they share toothbrushes.
Funny how the programming you emplace at the tender age of four will manifest in the teenage years.

Parents who freak because their Kids become monsters during the transition to adulthood never realize they made them that way during zero to six.

In theory, my girls each have their own set of undies. In practice, they share the same dresser, and after a few rounds of laundry, I can't for the life of me remember which belongs to who, and they generally just get divided into two equalish piles. My girls are 17 months apart, so they have been basiclly the same size.

My eldest is in grade 1, and the youngest in pre-K, and the clothing thing is just now starting to become a issue, with both of them wanting their own things. Before then, like Tonks, they pretty much wore what was clean, and what I told them too ;)

I probably wouldn't have one big drawer of underwear for them to share...but at this point I wouldn't worry to much if you put the wrong pair in the wrong drawer or had to do a secret grab from the other drawer if one of them runs out :) If they are more than aware of what's going on it seems to me it could blur the "personal things stay personal" lesson that all children need to learn at a young age.

I think that if it is an emergency (like a hectic morning and you can only find two pairs of one girl's panties) it's okay, but when it is something private like that I would have each girl wear her own. It's nice to have a few nice things that you can call your own.

I'm also one of those with the idea that no sharing is best. To avoid confussions you can put the first letters of her name on each garment.

Back