Simplyred

tonksy

Hey...about your avatar...I was wondering. Have you ever tried on a pair of Blahniks? I haven't. I want to just to see if they could be worth the $$$$, you know?
Lots of times when I am idly surfing shoes on ebay I come across a really nice looking pair of heels and of course when I look at the description they are ridiculously priced Blahniks. So it seems I like the line :rolleyes:

I tried a pair of Prada shoes on once at an Off Saks outlet. They were on clearance for $200....I tell you they were almost worth it! Almost.

Yessssssss! They are divine! However, the bottom sole is made of suede, so I would be afraid to really wear them anywhere. I want to own a pair of his black mary jane heels soooooo bad.

I also like, but can't afford, Donald Pliner shoes. He makes really great boots!

I'm a Cole Haan fan myself - not the whole line because they also make old lady shoes. I have been stalking a pair of the Angelia's on ebay...I may break down and get them after Christmas.

This?
manoloblahnikdrawing.jpg

The website I visited said they were inspired by the scallops on the edge of a napkin on a terrace in Sicily...strange how things inspire folks.
They are very pretty.

holy moli ...

Quick!! - take a photo ..get someone handy crafts-wise to knock up a clone ..sell it for half the price

Bingo!

A happy christmas!

How much to make that shoe do you think?

£20 ??

While there is something to be said about the construction of such a shoe (they are more ergonomically designed and made from quality materials that hold up better with wear - these have a suede sole) the real reason that they are so high priced is that they can be. This particular designer was well advertized by a character on Sex in the City and many other celebs. Madonna is quoted as saying that Manolo Blahnik shoes are as good as sex and last longer.
I am pretty much betting that i will never own a pair.

heh :D ..Christmas is coming up ...

you sweating yet Unc?? :D

mmm- paying an awful lot for the name though - i'm sure you could get a stunning similiar design, well made for a fraction.

There was a british TV show called 'small objects of desire'. Guess i take your point, but ...

Cole Haan's cost a fraction of that and they are my shoe of choice...Rob knows that...[Cough]Angelias[/Cough]

I buy shoes at payless too...and they last me a year. Cole Haan's will last a loooong time and feel better while doing it. Not that I do it often, mind you. It is a splurge. I received my first pair as a birthday pressie and the second I bought off ebay for a steal.

The last time I bought shoes at Payless, my feet were complaining loudly before the first work day with those shoes was even a third of the way done. Shoes are one area I can not cheap out on.

Oddly enough, that's what I want in a shoe. Just enough protection that I'm not barefoot. Frankly, I'd rather be barefoot most of the time, but the boss and the law frown on it.

If I stand barefoot for a while, like, say, to do the dishes, my feet start to hurt after a little while. I need arch support.

Back