Skipping the line - Celebrity right?

SHould celebrities be allowed to skip the line?

• Yes...they've worked for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the celeb

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No...they're no more important than you or I

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No - toss them to the back of the line with the lawyers

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBishop

Prof brought this up in a post I wrote about stem-cell research in Real World (See Superman may walk again)

Here's the idea: Imagine that you're in line for surgery, a transplant, radical treatment. :ashamed:

Who would you allow ahead of you in the line? No family...just celebs.

Like I mentioned in the other post...I'd let Stephen Hawking ahead of me...he's likely to contribute more to the science world than I am ever likely to myself.

What about you?

BTW...I'll kill the first person that says "Britney Spears or Leonardo diCaprio. :tank:

Yes but what would someone like Tom Cruise achieve by getting there first? He hasnt done anything major with his life, not invented anything or indulged in dedicated scientific research that will improve our ways of life has he now.

BACK OF THE LINE BUB

If I could work out a deal ahead of time, I'd let Haley in front of me. If not just for the view.

Looks like fame and fortune got you to the back of the line this time!

But than again, couldn't theyprolly just buy themselves a spot at the top...stupid rich people.

PrincessLissa said:
Looks like fame and fortune got you to the back of the line this time!

But than again, couldn't theyprolly just buy themselves a spot at the top...stupid rich people.

That's the point Princesslissa...that they CAN and often DO buy a spot at the front of the line...and society allows them to. They shouldn't be allowed to ... people should only e allowed head in line through kindness or charity... of the people lettin' them in.

Funny you should phrase it like that, bish, since many of them get tothe shortlist through charitable donations (a new wing, MRI scanner, etc) to those very same hospitals.

Back