Arren has it. As long as his wife and kids are still in the Phillipines it is cost effective. The quality isn't too bad. He refuses to use a headset or handset though so when you're talking to him you hear yourself over his speakers with a slight delay. Kind of confusing at first but you get used to it.

Of course, he always wants to talk about how well the Raiders are going to do so it clearly needs a stupidity filter... ;)

Arren who(m)?

Someone I can ping with a request for information?

Oh..and thanks to Prof, I've got a surplus of headsets with mics attached in my basement, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Arren who(m)?

Someone I can ping with a request for information?

Oh..and thanks to Prof, I've got a surplus of headsets with mics attached in my basement, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Arren the boy, the boy. My son. You can try him. PM me an e-mail address and I'll shoot it along. I'll warn you in advance that he's not too good about answering e-mails though.

Oh well, hell. I'm not going to bother your son about something trivial like this. I thought that you were using a member's real name.

No worries.

I don't think he'd mind Bish. He's about your age and he's reasonably friendly.

Is he still at Yokota?

Nope, he's in Abilene. He's been to the middle east two or three times as well. I guess he's finally got the paperwork together to get his wife into the country. He say's next month but I'll believe it when I see it. :shrug:

getting very big over here Skype - big take up for business - i say big - i mean big growth.

Nope, he's in Abilene. He's been to the middle east two or three times as well. I guess he's finally got the paperwork together to get his wife into the country. He say's next month but I'll believe it when I see it. :shrug:

Dyess...:rofl:....Has he got a bad leg, yet? Everybody I know thats been to Dyess has a knee brace or summat.

If he has too much trouble he can go to Base Legal and they can advise him on what to do to speed up the process.

Dyess...:rofl:....Has he got a bad leg, yet? Everybody I know thats been to Dyess has a knee brace or summat.

If he has too much trouble he can go to Base Legal and they can advise him on what to do to speed up the process.

He got knocked off a rack and broke his ankle. :lol:

He's been running through the legal stuff for almost two years. The problem (as I understand it anyway) is that his wife is Phillipino and they're on the homeland security "axis of evil" list. :shrug:

He got knocked off a rack and broke his ankle. :lol:

He's been running through the legal stuff for almost two years. The problem (as I understand it anyway) is that his wife is Phillipino and they're on the homeland security "axis of evil" list. :shrug:

Yeah...but two years is a bit much. Sounds like the embassy has their hands full. If we still has bases there, it would be much simpler. OSI would do the security checks.

ah... the land of the free.

Just que over there for your retina scan, finger printing, DNA sampling and anal probe.

The BF uses it for work - everyone skypes over there. He's just been working on Desktop TV, a pay-per-view desktop app, so he's having to skype with people based in valencia, where the races are. Seems to be working well.

I downloaded it and used it tonight. Seems ok, a little twitchy. But I'm only paying for the $30/year SkypeOut to try out for a few months. If I like it over my wireless connection, I'll get deeper into it. But I DO want a provider that can allow me to keep my current phone number. Vonage does, but it seems Skype can't.

Back