sleep

I usually run about 30 hours ...sleep 4-5 hours...and start again. I've actually done 120 hours on a bet when I was young. It caused hallucinations...seriously. I slept for 18 hours after and felt ill for about a week.
I used to experiment with sensory deprevation too. With sound protectors and a heated water bed, I went over a month on 2 hours sleep/night with an occasional longer (4 hour) sleep. It is overated and only those few hours really matter if you're in decent physical shape.

Justintime said:
dude you gonna die early!:eek:

Yup, sounds to me like he's used most of his "up" time and needs some "down" time... :eek:

When I was young I used to love sleeping in till 3 in the afternoon, but these days if I sleep longer than 6 - 7 hours I feel awful! I'm best on 6... but often survive on 5.

I slept until 1 in the afternoon this last saturday and that was the first time I've done that in years. I couldn't believe it, I was up until around 2 the night before, but it's been a long time since I spent 11 hours in bed.

I have an occasional long sleep. 10-12 hours. It happens about once a month I guess. I do sleep sound when I sleep and wake up felling fine. I just have odd paterns. And I don't do the mega-marathons anymore...:D

6 hours is perfect. more than 8 and i'm groggy all day. if it looks like i'd be getting less than 4 hours, i just stay awake.

Most i did was 3 days without sleeping, most of the time i was drinking.

Those 3 days semmed like a week.

unclehobart said:
I haven't slept for 5 days.. because that would be entirely too long.

:lol:

I got about 4 hours sleep last night ~ as I was dropping off to sleep I got palpitations and it scared the crap out of me ~ it took about 45 minutes for my heart beat to return to normal regular beats. It happened once before around christmas time and I was going to check it out with the Doctor as it can indicate an underlying heart problem, though it's probably related to stress. But this morning I'm bright and horribly breezy... it'll get me this evening...

3 hours of sleep!!!! :eek:
Only when I have been out on the town the night before work and have gotten home at 5am or the likes.... :dance: :drink: :beerbang: :toomuch:

Sleep keeps me from studying. Stupid body needing sleep *curses like a sailor*

Back