Smoking...

In Hawai'i it's illegal to smoke in any public buildings. You are also not allowed to smoke within 20 feet of any public covered area. Beaches, parks and public parking lots are also off-limits to public smoking. You may not smoke in/outside your home if you live in a duplex/apt situation (I may be wrong about this but I remember me and ku'u talking about it ... ) Most hotels here are non-smoking hotels and have one uncovered place far outside the grounds where you are allowed to smoke.

I've never seen anyone enforce the parking lot law but I've seen smokers being approached if they're closer than 20 feet from a covered section of a building. When I smoked, I never smoked around people - just a courtesy - but geez .. this is getting pretty ridiculous.

You do realize that smoking is just the 'grown up' method of sucking your thumb, doncha? Time to grow up and put on the big boy pants, Gato.

If I recall correctly, you used to smoke. When was the last time you put a pencil/pen in your mouth? :p

Back