*sniff*

tonksy

i smell good....it's this healing garden armoatherapy crap...gingerlily therapy...ahem, ahem, "this uplifting gingerlily lotion makes it easy to o with the flow each and everyday. created with natural extracts of rosemary, cypres, and st. johns wort, it's moisture-enriched to smooth over life's rough spotgs. leaves skin feeling blissfully soft and scented"...well, i sure smells good...different..but good...so what my point in all this is is, you think there is anything to this aromatherapy stuff? because i am very sensitive to smells and such,...but i always thought that that would be a subjective thing...each smell would mean different things to different people...what do you think?

Oz

I prolly smell.....but me nose has been broken that many times I can't really tell :retard3:

Camelyn

Our sense of smell can trigger long forgotten memories and all the associated emotions. It is a more powerful emotional trigger than all the other senses combined.

You use your lovely smelling aromatherapy lotion right after a relaxing bath, your house is peaceful after the kids are asleep, and your husband smiles at you seductively when he catches the scent. You relax and feel at peace.

The next time you use the lotion, that feeling will come right back. Repeat enough times, and you can dab on the lotion in a time of stress, and BAM, calm and peace wash over you.

But I also believe that certain scents in and of themselves have properties. I mean if the scent of rotting meat can trigger nausea and an urge to flee, why couldn't lavender trigger relaxation and help to relieve your headache?

My 1 cent (Canadian) :)

IDLEchild

Our sense of smell can trigger long forgotten memories and all the associated emotions. It is a more powerful emotional trigger than all the other senses combined.

I thought this was horribly false and though i am still not completely sold on this fact i can concur that is almost, very much true.

But I also believe that certain scents in and of themselves have properties. I mean if the scent of rotting meat can trigger nausea and an urge to flee, why couldn't lavender trigger relaxation and help to relieve your headache?

Yup. Through workings that scientists still don't completely understand the nose seems to have receptors of all the smells....each molecule representing different scent fits in like a lock and key in the nose and from there their properties and proper stimulus is sent to the brain. So it is easy to attach emotional stimulus to a certain smell.

Sharky

In the winter when the heater is on and the air is dry, I like to simmer a pot of water on the stove with cinnamon sticks and cloves in it.

It makes the house smell like Christmas, and it's kinda comforting.

alex

What ever happened to those potpourii heating up thingies? They go outta style?

The strongest sense I can ever remember was when I would walk into my grannys house, it was a sensation of 'coming home'.

Mare

strongest smell is patchouly....mmmmmmm

pot on the stove...mom used to put some vicks in it when us kids would get sick.....remeber Kat doin it on her wood burning stove back injersey.....

:crying4: miss home................(to an extent)

they say home is where the heart is - I think its where you hang you hang your hat anymore.....SOMEDAY........

unclehobart

I collect a lot of Dr Bonner's specialty soaps. They have a wide variety of scents: Almond, Peppermint, Rose... and are mostly rendered from olive oil making them soooo good on the skin.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
i have vanilla everything-soaps, lotions, perfumes...i don't know that it's all that attractive to the opposite sex...but I love it :)

I have a ton of vanilla candles all over the house too...it's just such a homey comfortable scent.

unclehobart

The latest studies show that men are attracted most to the scents of cinnamon and vanilla and women to black licorice.

unclehobart

The site I read suggested that you just slosh some Jagermeister upon your shirt before you go over to meet your hot date.

unclehobart

I'm starting to wonder if the study was comissioned by Jagermeister.

We at the Jagermeister Insitute for the study of chemical biology has had a most wonderful discovery. It turns out that our product is the best thing on the planet to score on the babes with. Patronize your local distributor today... and happy hunting.

tonksy

i ate too much black licorice and vomited all over myself when i was a wee kid....i despise the smell...therefore i dislike jager as well.....les, i like vanilla myself *lights a vanilla incense

Ms Ann Thrope

unclehobart said:
The latest studies show that men are attracted most to the scents of cinnamon and vanilla and women to black licorice.

I guess I'm some kind of aberration then.... don't particularly care for the smell of black licorice, although I do like to eat it. :retard3:

As for cologne, I love it on a man as long as it's not overpowering or too sweet smelling. :love:

tonksy

*nods at natalie
yeah...a little cologne is a lovely thing....udsed to be cool water was my favorite...makes my toes curl....but i haven't smelled anything new in a long time.