Snow White and the Seven...umm...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A local theater troupe in the UK that wanted to perform Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for its annual Christmas pantomime found the show rewritten to exclude the dwarfs, according to the BBC.

The Coxheath Players in Kent say the publisher of the play, Jasper Publishing, had changed the dwarfs to gnomes in order to avoid offending short people.

In Monday's editions, The Sun newspaper quoted someone from the Restricted Growth Association as saying that the term dwarf has long been out of favor and is "unpleasant" to some of its members.

**end**

Y'all gimme a minute...I gotta quit laughing first...

This is gonna take a sec...

Restricted Growth Assoc...BWWWAAAHHHAAHAHAHA...

Screw it...I can't stop...y'all go ahead without me.

Good point.

OK, now we'll call it Mundane Grey and the Numerous Peoples of Varying Qualities, None Of Which Are Bad In Or Of Themselves, Yet Which Foster Our Celebration Of The Diversity Which Makes Us All Stronger As A Cohesive Unit.

Wait a minute...that lost something in the translation...

SouthernN'Proud said:
Good point.

OK, now we'll call it Mundane Grey and the Numerous Peoples of Varying Qualities, None Of Which Are Bad In Or Of Themselves, Yet Which Foster Our Celebration Of The Diversity Which Makes Us All Stronger As A Cohesive Unit.

Wait a minute...that lost something in the translation...

Have you ever read Dragonlance? It all makes sense now. We've all become the gnomes that live in Mt. Nevermind.

OK..new Challenge: Cinderella (evil step-mother and ugly step-sisters, fairy godmother and all).

I see nothing wrong with the alteration, and expect that they also change the witch into "well-meaning step-mom with underlying psychological problems". I mean, witch is such a degrading word, eh?

i have a taste for folklore and fairytales... and this thread makes me want to rewrite some to be disgustingly PC *evil*
they'll be ridiculous XD

Back