SnP and AllEars' won't be around much for awhile

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gato_Solo said:
Just watch out for things like closing costs, points, and the other nasty fees that bankers like to add on at the end to get more out of you. Most of that is just additional fees to fatten the bank's pockets. See if the manufacturer has any financing plans that aren't too outrageous (over 7.0%)...

I refuse to pay points. Period.

I refuse to pay anything out of pocket if I'm giving them lein on damn near $50K of my paid for land for less than $125K worth of domicile. Period.

There's four banks on every corner here. I'll find another one easy enough.

HomeLAN

rrfield said:
When I was talking to the loan officer about getting a mortgage as a baby-faced 23 year old, she tried to push an ARM on me. She probably figured I didn't know what the F I was doing (which was only half true). I kept telling her I wasn't interested. After about the 3rd time she brought it up, I simply told her if she mentions it again I'm leaving and I will go to the bank next door. She never said another word about it.

Yeah, they tried that with me, too. I gently explained that I'd just finished a masters in finance, and there wasn't any fucking way that was gonna happen, and she STFU about it.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I hate the waiting...

Waiting for some dickweed at the bank to call us. He made a mortgage offer that included us surrendering 18K of what we have in the bank. He didn't know most of that is the replacement account for our contents. Putz.

Waiting on that so we can contact a surveyor and wait for him/her to section off what we're putting up with the new place from the acreage we're holding onto in our names.

Waiting so that when the survey is done we can contact the dude what's gonna put us in a driveway, septic, and do the site prep, so we can wait for him to have time to do it.

Waiting so that when all that's done, we can finalize this deal and then wait for it to be ready to move into.

We just want to go back home.

Dave

i'm starting to go crazy waiting for the sunroom to get put back together. i think i would have lost it by now waiting for my house to be rebuilt.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
You gonna have something there for me to visit on the way past?

Doin' my part, man. Doin' my part.

If we can avoid a repeat of last weekend's fiasco (don't ask) we SHOULD have some pics to post next week of the lot and the view. We intend to buy a digitalisticalized camera thingamabob doohickey critter this weekend.

BB

UPDATE:

We went to the bank yesterday. The loan dude dropped a bombshell on us, and he could tell I wasn't pleased. We walked.

Very frustrating day all in all. We're more or less back to square one on the house search. I adamantly refuse to commit financial suicide, or to allow our emotions and anxiety to get back to a normal life to spur us into what these sharks wanted us to do.

So. Later today, we make a few phone calls, maybe look at a thing or three, and start over. This time we are in control. Not the bank. Not the selling agent. Us. We don't like what they say, we walk away and find someone else.

These idiots wanted me to stake our entire parcel of land (would appraise at over 40K easy) on an 80K doublewide. His big selling point was, "You'd have no money out of pocket." For 50% down, you're fucking-A right I won't. Then he tells me it has to be an adjustable rate. Starts telling me what a wonderful idea an ARM is. Tells me he has one himself. I let him talk for a few minutes, and he gets back to the sales script, about how in five years or so we can refinance it, blah blah blah.

I guess it never dawned on him that if this damn ARM is such a fantastic thing, why would I pay $5000 to get out of it in 5 years? Moron.

A pox on bankers. And clowns. Fuck clowns too.

*SnP stomps away to go tear something up.*

you know i just started reading this earlier today - thanks fer the link - i just (now - on read part 2) jumped from page 2 to the last page -i Do wanna read it but ...

i'm kinda drained mentally just now.... tired and ... anyway ...

ref, the above quote - good on ya!

seriously!

Fuck eejits tryin' to screw ya and treat ya like a dumbfuck! I fuckin HATE them trying to screw you over "you need this" or inferring you cannot look at the deals or check it out yourself ... etc ... you did the right thing SNP

The main thing i got (so far) from my very partial amount of reading this thread, is the genuine sense of community and real help offered ..ya know people knocjk this shit and the world today ... (oftentimes with good reason) ..but, if i had been around and cvould have helped in any small way, i would. :shrug:

good on ya everyone that did help or offered to ... and SNP ...

Glad you are finally back in your own house, nay HOME!

best wishes.

very best, BB