so, about tomorrow ...

I know what you mean greenie and that's a little strange to me seeing as how the Internet should bring people from all over the world "together". I wasn't directly involved other than wondering if Hawai'i was going to be next seeing as how we're supposed to the military's big dudes in the middle of the Pacific ... but the first thing I thought of when I heard was you, dart and Huge because you're the only ones I "know" from NY.

My kids saw me crying that night watching the news and they asked if I knew anyone. I explained that I didn't have to know anyone - and neither do they - to be sad. It was a sad day for the human race, not just a state or country. Fathers, mothers, sister, brothers, children ... gone. It's hard to explain something that you don't understand to anyone else.

Hey ris, they cheapen it here too, I know what you mean!! :)

Thanks again Na. I'm surprised I made that much of an impression on you, I had only been a member of JJR for 10 days. :D How time flies, I can't believe it's only been a year.

and you hit the nail on the head with this:

I explained that I didn't have to know anyone - and neither do they - to be sad.

Tomorrow hasn't happened yet so why worry? The terrorists are only making the paranoid nervous.

Just finished observing a moment of silence at my desk. From here on, I think I'll demonstrate my ability not to be governed by fear.

Gonz said:
The terrorists are only making the paranoid nervous.

Even the paranoid have enemies, Gonz. Aside from that, I'll be on heightened alert, working 12 hour shift, and just be in my quiet space.

Normal work day here, but we're all still feeling the aftershocks. I got my review yesterday and although it was an excellant review, the monetary reward sucked.

I'm also reviving this little proggy I got shortly after the events of 9/11/01.

Attachment(s):

desktop flag.zip, 117.95kb

Click here to download the attachment

Gato, you get paid to be paranoid for the rest of us. Enjoy the day of heightened anxiety & nothing else. Nothing in the US at least.

Back