So I gave in..... RPG Games...

Aunty Em

... and just ordered Neverwinter Nights.

RRP £39.95

Cost to me inc postage £22.99. Early Christmas present. :D

I can always flog it on eBay if I don't like it....

Still deciding on Morrowind.... *trying to justify buying another one... maybe sell all the old ones on eBay*

Cancel NWN, buy Morrowind. It's wayyyyyyyyy funnier, plus you can mod it like hell. My mod is currently ~2 gigs.

I will probably get it as well when I've talked myself into it. ;)

I also ordered Icewind Dale last night on my brother's recommendation... so I'm an internet shopaholic... :lol:

freako104 said:
i love rpgs though i prefer the tabletop kind :) but computer rpgs kick ass

I used to play those a loooooooong time ago. I was the only girl in my wargaming club. D&D and Samurais usually. Occassionally I got involved in a multiplayer battle.

We used to meet in an old nissan hut and we'd put all the tables together the full length of the hut and set up the landscape for the battlefield. Then we'd divide into opposing sides each using our own armies. Basically it was one big battle with many individual fights between units going on. The side that won the most battles during the day was victorious. It was fun. :D

I don't really like NWN but I like it more than Morrowind... I dunno... Morrowind just pissed me off...

Ooh, ooh, i got one. Arcanum. You'll love it. Read some reviews.
Edit: I'm gonna play arcanum now.

Whoa!

I just got NWN this morning and I've been playing it for the last 3 hours... where did the time go?!?! :eek:

I've heard of Arcanum btw.

That's the only part I don't like about the RPG's. You end up spending vast amounts of time playing them. I guess if I was single without kids, it would at least keep me out of trouble.

I play them becasue of the time it takes, I'd rather buy one game and have it last me 6 months, I just finsihs KOTOR for the 5 th time, great game, to damn short

I spent the 3 hours learning how to play the game with one of the set characters. This afternoon I generated my own character and went through the prequil and up to level 2 in about 45 minutes.

My character is a half-elf female sorcerer name Kalandra Di'ren, with one other character in tow, Pavel, so far. I always used to play a half-elf sorceress when playing tabletop D&D. I chose her specifically because she can use light weapons as well as magic.

The set character was a wizard and got killed at least a dozen times this morning as they are hopeless with weapons. :lol:

I trying to find those bloody animals that can provide the reagents for the cure for the wailing death...

paul_valaru said:
Morrowwind

just bought it last week

I'm addicted, 20 hours in, still in the second city
2nd city? You know, Morrowind is one of the least linear games around, you're gonna have to be more specific. Did you mean Balmora?

I've played that game waaaaaay too much... Say, around 500-700 hours, plus another 400 on the editor.

Kawaii said:
2nd city? You know, Morrowind is one of the least linear games around, you're gonna have to be more specific. Did you mean Balmora?

I've played that game waaaaaay too much... Say, around 500-700 hours, plus another 400 on the editor.

balmora

and I bought it on x-box, so no editing.

I finally hit lvl2, I love this game

paul_valaru said:
balmora

and I bought it on x-box, so no editing.

I finally hit lvl2, I love this game
Big mistake. You should've bought the PC version, the game becomes SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more entertaining with the thousands and thousands of mods.

Lvl 2/20 hours= 0,5 skill points per hour... Good going there!:wink2:

There's an editor with NWN as well... maybe I'll give it a go. Maybe once I've got used to the gameplay I might even play online. :)

Kawaii said:
Big mistake. You should've bought the PC version, the game becomes SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more entertaining with the thousands and thousands of mods.

Lvl 2/20 hours= 0,5 skill points per hour... Good going there!:wink2:

have games on my PC, FPSers, but I don't like using the PC for games, I spend to much time on it as it is.

Yes I'm playing slowly, I have great faction, but I haven't spend hours killing creatures

As far as NWN goes, it wasn't my favourite bioware game. I prefered Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn. That had my favourite NPC in it (that crazy guy who thought his hamster was sentient "butt kicking for justice!")

I tried Morrowind on my old pc, but it just couldn't keep up with the graphics. :crying4:

Back