So I got around to it finally.....

Mare

For the gals....

I painted my toenails finally....purple frost....not really a purple person for nail color...but its different.. I like nuetral colors but it can't be matt, it has to be frosts. What about all yall ? What colors do you prefer? :swing:

Mare said:
For the gals....

Mare! Thats a bit sexist isn't it... what about all the cross dressers and wusses online here? :D

Nail varnish?

Well... I'm into a nice classy French manicure on the finger nails... but for that I need to grow my nails quite long... and its time consuming. So other than that I mostly wear silver or a pink/brown and purple tones... neutrals really. Although when really long I can get away with darker shades (dark shades can make your fingers look stubby)... one of my favourites is a rougenoir shade called "Dragon's Blood".

On my toe nails... I do go to town.. I match the varnish with my shoes and outfit... so anything from black... right through to fuchia... to gold... but again if I have the time a French pedicure look.

my toes are always painted. my nails seldom are (my work ruins them). i like unusual colors, purples, blues, grens, dark reds.

Inkara1 said:
Your toes are always painted, but the nails aren't? Isn't that bass-ackwards? :eek6:
no...a manicure is mangled after a couple of hours at the job...but my toes are always pretty :)

On behalf of MrsBish - she doesn't paint her toes (toenails)...never wears open-toe shoes and who wears polish while wearing sandals?

Fingernails - dark reds and purple-reds. Her nails break too often to try french manicures.

On occasion...she'll sit still long enough for me to paint designs on her nails and cover them with a few layers of "witchcraft" (a nail hardener).

The last designs were a series of Japanese charaters in white, on purple nails, a series of supernatural animals (dragons, unicorns etc..) in full colour, on dark blue, and a copy of some weird pieces of art found at a museum's web-site, on red.

My hobby's painting miniatures (about 1" tall)...so, nails are easy.

I've even done Camelyn's nails once...though the fact that she works in harsh chemicals means that the design didn't last long. :(

Call me odd if you will, but I like the challenge of working on a very small curved 'canvas'.

MrBishop said:
On occasion...she'll sit still long enough for me to paint designs on her nails and cover them with a few layers of "witchcraft" (a nail hardener).

[whinge like a spoilt child]I wanna marry a gay guy too!!![/whinge]

:D Sorry Marc.. couldn't resist!

MrBishop said:
Her nails break too often to try french manicures.

Same here!

I can grow them long but when I try a French Manicure they break? Do you reckon its due to the stress line the extra layer of white varnish produces

What's the solution Bish?

tonksy said:
well shit...i guess i forget how much of a smart ass inky can be. sorry.
Here's a little elephant for you, since an elephant never forgets:

elephant.jpg

:D

I never paint my nails. I just can't seem to get it done properly.

MrBishop said:

Call me odd if you will, but I like the challenge of working on a very small curved 'canvas'.
*holds out hands*

Go on, have fun. :D

I like purples and dark reds. Sometimes I go for a dark brown. I like blue on my toes too. It took a while for me to get sick of having black fingernails.

ClaireBear said:
Same here!

I can grow them long but when I try a French Manicure they break? Do you reckon its due to the stress line the extra layer of white varnish produces

What's the solution Bish?
Try Oil of Vitriol (H2SO4) and you won't have to worry about breakage again.

Professur said:
Yes, sulfuric acid will solve all her problems :duh:

She won't have to worry about her fingernails breaking ever again atleast...hell...she might not even have to worry about her fingers ever again! :lloyd:

Back