So I let my teenage sis drive me to work ...

Gotta love the thrill. I've got a 14 year old that will be 15 in July. She will then have her learners permit and will be able to drive us places. I think it's time to start shopping for depends.

heh, interesting the difference in accepted ages for stuff in different places... you have to be 17 to start learning to drive here, and 18 to drink...

i can't imagine a world where you have to be 21 to drink out... and the thought of 15 year olds behind the wheels of cars scares the shit out of me!

It scares the shit out of me too Dan, I swear we're going to have to put phone books on the seat just so she can see out the windshield.

Rusty's Mom is in her 50's and doesn't know how to drive, and never wanted to learn. Rusty himself is getting his learner's permit this year and he just turned 28. :D

i haven't learnt to drive, and i'm 23.

never really had the need to do it... didn't have the cash at school, moved to london after that where it's just silly to even think about driving... there's no need to have a car where i am now either - everything's either within walking distance or a the end of a bus (which come every two minutes 24 hours a day)

heh, my kid brother is 15... having him in charge of a skateboard i can handle... a car though :eek:

glad your ok Ku ;)

Pt my condolences on the teenager. ;)

right now i have my permit i failed the liscence test twice. but im doing ok im able to get behind the wheel and be comfortable with it. id like my liscence. too bad they dont test on the actual road.

wow! wish my test was that easy. Guy told me stop and turn back about 1/4 way into it, i was like, shit! but then he said no worries you passed already! i was so happy i put the car in reverse and proceeded to jump the clutch and stall :laugh: lucky he overlooked it to excitement :rofl2:

Q said:
freako104 said:
too bad they dont test on the actual road.
WWWHAT????

the test as unc said is a joke. i said what i did even the instructors who tested me said that it was a bit of a joke because theyre not judging how you are on the real road. if they did a lot of the people who passed the test wouldnt have and some who failed would not have.(i know thats a bit weird but ive been doing well behind the wheel on the real road in traffic but not in the parallel parking that was the only part that got me.

my son has been driving every day since he got his permit ... waits til the last second to hit the brakes ... goes 10 - 15 miles over speed limit ... spends way too much time waving at people and turning up the CD player ...

I have no idea where he's getting those bad habits from

freako104 said:
simple hes male and a teen what else do you need ;)

heh, now there's a good reason to wait until 25 to lean to drive, you don't get hit with the "young male boy racer" insurance penalty!

PuterTutor said:
Gotta love the thrill. I've got a 14 year old that will be 15 in July. She will then have her learners permit and will be able to drive us places. I think it's time to start shopping for depends.

Your UAV does have airbags, right? :D

nalani said:
my son has been driving every day since he got his permit ... waits til the last second to hit the brakes ... goes 10 - 15 miles over speed limit ... spends way too much time waving at people and turning up the CD player ...

I have no idea where he's getting those bad habits from

Maybe, uhhh, Mommy?

She ain't driving my burban. Huh uh. That thing has more power than a 15 year old should even start to play with. We'll be buying her a nice little Geo.

Back