So I let my teenage sis drive me to work ...

PuterTutor said:
She ain't driving my burban. Huh uh. That thing has more power than a 15 year old should even start to play with. We'll be buying her a nice little Geo.

She'll have her own car at 15?!? I hope you're kidding.
I can hear it now...

"And she'll have fun, fun, fun, til her daddy takes the Geo away..."

:laugh5:

It won't be hers, but she will have a car that she can drive, until she can buy her own, or she turns 17, when it gets passed to the next child driving.

Personally, I'd want a little more metal around a new driver. Midsize to large sedan with zero power - 4 or MAYBE 6 banger.

HomeLAN said:
Personally, I'd want a little more metal around a new driver. Midsize to large sedan with zero power - 4 or MAYBE 6 banger.

I disagree. I think all beginners should have vehicles made of toilet-paper and spit. You want to see a careful driver? Put them in an old Yugo. :D

Real Tranny, I'm gonna make em all learn on that, they can buy an automatic themselves if they want it.

I learned to drive in a boat. or a 87 Cprice Classic, whatever you want to call it :D

87%20CHEVY%20CAPRICE%20CLASSIC.JPG

That exact model except ours was all burghandy and the hubcaps were nicer :D

I also drove one of these:

van-lj.gif

On occasion (it was standard, my dad wanted me to know how to drive standard) but the transmission was bad and he was sick so he couldn't fix it so I didn't get much driving time in that because he was afraid I would rip the transmission out of it. Evidently my mom was kinda rough on it when she learned to drive it. I did better than her first few times the few times I drove it but he was afraid if I drove it regularly I'd break it :(

and when we sold that van about 6 months after my dad died the guy only had it 2 months and he lost the transmission :D

Now I drive:

4676.jpg

It was a good thing your dad made you learn how to drive a standard, huh?:headbang:

I think everybody should at least know how to drive a stick.

id like to learn stick. my sis wont teach me until i get my liscence and have it for 6 months but i also want to learn it.

Well, I wouldn't be comfortable getting in a standard right now and driving it on my own but as soon as I know someone with one I am going to continue my learning.

dan said:
heh, interesting the difference in accepted ages for stuff in different places... you have to be 17 to start learning to drive here, and 18 to drink...

i can't imagine a world where you have to be 21 to drink out... and the thought of 15 year olds behind the wheels of cars scares the shit out of me!

Exactly!!

I always thought it was stupid that 18-year olds here can vote for the idiot who's running the United States, or go to war, but yet aren't mature enough to have a beer.

Back