So, I was just watching the telly..

Starya

..and then E.R. came on. No, not the show with the hottie doctors, It was on Discovery, m'kay?

Well, I just started wondering out of curiosity, on this show we see all kinds of people who have suffered all kinds of injuries be it their own fault (alcohol etc), assault or accidental. Do all these people give their consent to being part of a tv production? Is consent needed? What are the laws for this "over there"?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They have to give their consent.

Hey, what's wrong with showing a few drunken brawl caused gunshot wounds when people on daytime TV show how many kids they can have with a varied assortment of sperm donors & then using DNA analysis ;)

Starya

Well, I just had to ask. I mean, how cool is it to sit on the sofa with pop and "Oh hey, there's that time I got plastered, hit my head so it bleeded like crazy, and then lay cursing on a trolly showing off my privates to the camera. Are you taping this??" :lloyd:

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
They have to give their consent.

Hey, what's wrong with showing a few drunken brawl caused gunshot wounds when people on daytime TV show how many kids they can have with a varied assortment of sperm donors & then using DNA analysis ;)

I wonder about that ,as News coverage of an accident doesn't require a waiver to show footage on the evening news.If the show takes place in an ER ,I'm sure the Hospital would have to give consent,but not sure about the accident victims . :confused:

Winky

that is different Abby

Yeah being an emergency response or cop employee is a sucky job because all you do is deal with people
being stoopid all day all night all the time...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
footage on the evening news.

In the public interest or incidental contact. If you watch the TV shows, there are blocked out faces sometimes.

Starya

Yeah now that you mention it, I remember seeing that. Apparantly I need to watch the show more often.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
TV is bad for you, it has a negative effect on your brain and nervous system ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:
TV is bad for you, it has a negative effect on your brain and nervous system ;)

Yep, I used to follow the sheeple & then I discovered the internet :D