So I've built a new machine.. thoughts?

Jon

I got so pissed off with that shite I was using (K6-2 :() so when the ol' student loan came through, I went and spent some of it

Specs as follows:

AMD AthlonXP 1800+
Globalwin FSP82 heatsink w/ 80mm fan
Verre V770K silver case w/ transparent side panel + 550W PSU
Akasa "Blue Nebula" fans w/ blue LEDs
Akasa sound activated neon light
Shuttle AK35GTR mobo (VIA KT266A) w/ Akasa stainless steel round IDE cables
512MB PC2700 RAM
Leadtek GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB
Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024
Quantum Fireball Plus AS 20Gb
Toshiba 16x DVD-ROM drive
Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW drive

there's still a bit to do, but what do you think so far? :)

(sorry for the crap picture, BTW)

Jon

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Those sound-activated neon lights are awesome. I am going to get two plasma balls and put them either side of my monitor. Sound-activated, they should be da shit. :)

MuFu.

P.S. Can't see your monitor there man, but I love it - and the graphics card. Excellent... ;)

ipmoof said:
Can't see your monitor there man, but I love it - and the graphics card. Excellent...

yeah man, seriously, i'm lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it :D

got up to 10715 on 3DMark yesterday :headbang:

I don't consider an MX a Geforce 4 :p

i got a Ti4200 2 300 630 and get around 12500, when i had my radeon 9700 i was getting 15k easy :cool: might buy another or just wait for the Geforce FX

does it still sounds like a jet taking off?

where's the network card?

actually... i wouldn't mind having mine a lot quieter. putting the case on might help, but what's the best way to make the thing stop making so much of a racket?

lol not quite...

the network card's under the sound card (which is the 2nd card down)

your machine does NOT sound anything like mine! want me to have a look? :)

Justintime said:
I don't consider an MX a Geforce 4 :p

i got a Ti4200 2 300 630 and get around 12500, when i had my radeon 9700 i was getting 15k easy :cool: might buy another or just wait for the Geforce FX

I read a review earlier today and they don't reckon the FX is as good as the radeon.

Yes, it definetly is dissapointing, sounds akin to a dustbuster (i'm a guy that gets bothered by the slightest noise, though i used to sleep with delta 7200rpm on back in the day, go figure!) so if it continues that way, no way, and the performance don't seem to great either! Unless they get really good drivers and work on the dB output (heard some companies are designing quiet solutions) i ain't biting.

Back