so what are your plans for today

HomeLAN said:
Jesus christ, all those certs and you can't find anywhere to take you close to public transpo? I've been a hiring manager for years and I've never once asked how the candidate plans to get his ass to work. Just so long as he's there after the hire.

Road tech.

:shrug:

I don't know the market there, but entry level support tech jobs here are minimum wage $9 to $12 an hour, and no guaranteed hours. Asst. IT jobs are almost as bad. You could probably make more serving burgers with 40h/week.

The schools are flooding the market (yet again) with kids that have learned how to pass certs, instead of how to do a job. The certs are devalued, and the pay scale's in the shitter.

Professur said:
:shrug:

I don't know the market there, but entry level support tech jobs here are minimum wage $9 to $12 an hour, and no guaranteed hours. Asst. IT jobs are almost as bad. You could probably make more serving burgers with 40h/week.

The schools are flooding the market (yet again) with kids that have learned how to pass certs, instead of how to do a job. The certs are devalued, and the pay scale's in the shitter.

Sometimes it's not about the money but it's about getting a foot in the door. Maybe burgers pay more but where is gonna have the opportunity for growth and promotion?

Back