SoCal fires

There are a whole bunch more on latimes.com. Think when/if they ever catch the arsonist, they'll nail him or her for the deaths of the two firefighters?

There are a whole bunch more on latimes.com. Think when/if they ever catch the arsonist, they'll nail him or her for the deaths of the two firefighters?

Oh you better believe it! Firefighters are heroes in this country especially after 9/11, and rightly so. My question is, was it deliberate arson or careless? I do think there is a big difference. Either way though these folks should do time, just less if it was negligence and more if it was premeditated.

:smash:

I think it'll be a while before we know what exactly started it, whether it was a cigarette or a match or a blowtorch or what.

It'll be interesting to watch since they were killed driving off a cliff instead of through direct interaction with the fire or it's smoke.

Photo #12....1972 all over again.

So, can we NOW clear the underbrush?

It is bizarre that they can nail it down when everything is burnt to a crisp.

Accelerants leave a residue and burn at different temperatures and speeds than untreated combustibles...they also have tell-tale spread patterns. It's all about finding where the fire started by looking into time-scales, wind patterns and eyewitness reports. Once you've got that, it'll be a lot easier to narrow down what could've started it based on the ignition temperature of the primary materials to ignite, available sources of heat/spark, wind/air currents etc..

Really quite an interesting subject. I've got a tome on it somewhere in my basement.

Back