Some random things...

Scanty

Things don't work for me like they used to on OTC, and it's really beginning to turn me away. I don't know whether it's the same for everyone else so this is why I'm asking...

In the old set up, new post indicators on threads...whatever form they took...went away after you've been in the thread. Now, some of mine do, some of them don't. E.g. I've been a particular thread about 50 thousand times because it indicates a new post, only to find the same last post.

And while in the last otc set up the orange squares on the left of forums went away when you've been in all said forum's threads...these ones don't, or you have to clear them or something...

I am NOT complaining or whining or anything...I just don't know whether this is something everyone has, or something that is currently being worked on, or whether it's just my problem etc etc... So I'm just trying to find out. :) I have no idea about what's going on lately.

yea the post indicators suck ass now. i just use the mark all forums read button.

the shout outs where cool unitl mine went away :(

Damn! Steppin' back with your old funky ass biotch!

OK, off to the fucking Kiddie Korner with you pal, don't think about whining to one of the other admins to get you out either.

Everyone say hello to our first official Kornered Kiddie! :grumpy:

hey to the new kornered kiddie. just curious i dont see too much but i do see him being annoying and hes always yelling unc(that was for unc but do not take my word as law i leave the rules and decisions of this site to admins and mods i jsut am saying what i saw)

so is this right?: You have to clear all new post markers on forums by clicking the 'marked as read' button. Although some of the threads still show as new posts for me, even when I've cleared the the forum before and there isn't any new posts on the thread. But that something that's going to be changed??

And the arrows that are supposed to take you to the newest post in a thread, don't actually take you there... or at least they don't for me.

Again, I'm not complaining I just want to get things straight.

If all the symbols for new posts and what not are making sense for everyone else, I apologise, but to me they make as much sense as this...fkiujhsgfikhjsgjl... The red envelope is still meant to mean new posts, right?

You can tell if a thread has been read if you see a closed envelope.

The arrows will take you to the next unread post, which will be the same post until you hit "mark all forums read".

Many people loves this feature, i know greenfreak and hexploit does, and is just that the rest of us were used to browse with the "other" system.

Maybe vB 3 will include both systems.

that's clear now allright...for me at least...:)

just wondering...the combobox which was at the button of every page, will it be gone? :(
i used that a lot...

Luis G said:

I'm not getting that. An open envelope doesn't mean new posts for me, even when I've cleared previously. If I close the OTC window then come back to it I have all these red open envelopes, when there aren't any new posts in that thread.

The old set up was just so much clearer.

What is the shoutbox?

incorrect. what was the shoutbox.

it was a place the portal [front bit] where people could post short messages, a bit like an im. many of the messages encouraged people to be 'up themselves' in a big way.

:headbang: i think

Scanty said:
Luis G said:

I'm not getting that. An open envelope doesn't mean new posts for me, even when I've cleared previously. If I close the OTC window then come back to it I have all these red open envelopes, when there aren't any new posts in that thread.

The old set up was just so much clearer.

What is the shoutbox?

copy and paste the url of this thread, please.

Also try "mark all forum read", and select "browse forum with cookies" in your profile.

Back