Some reviews of films I've seen recently

chcr

Too cute for words
Fast and the furious - I am dumber for having listened to the dialog.
I could feel my IQ dropping. :D

Saw Pirates of the Carribean last night. Typical escapist fare, parts were funny though.

Rose

rrfield said:
Movies I've seen recently...

The Royal Tenenbaums - excellent.

I loved "The Royal Tenenbaums"

About Schmidt - saw this one recently and I'm still undecided whether I liked it or not. It wasn't a bad movie, per say, but I expected more comedy and less of a downer.

greenfreak

Rusty's been wanting to see that-28 days later. Btw flav, I finally saw Mulholland Drive. You were right about everything. I still have no idea what it was about. ;)

But I found some whacked out sites with theories and a lot of it made sense. Still haven't seen Donnie Darko though. That one's next.

Sharky

Rose said:
I loved "The Royal Tenenbaums"

About Schmidt - saw this one recently and I'm still undecided whether I liked it or not. It wasn't a bad movie, per say, but I expected more comedy and less of a downer.

"The Royal Tenenbaums" was a hoot - they reminded me of my ex-in-laws . . .

"About Schmidt" was indeed very sad. :crying7:

"Catch Me if you Can" was pretty cool.

freako104

Arris said:
Next someone will be saying that Scream3 is a good film with an ingenious story line.... :nono:

scream 3 is a good film with an ingenious storyline :p

i havent seen too many movies as of late

the last ones I saw were
House of 1000 corpses
Hulk
Matrix Reloaded and
X-men 2

they were all pretty cool i enjoyed them tho the Matrix left a lot of questions unanswered. I want to see gangs of NY myself

Rose

Watched The Importance of Being Earnest tonight - this movie's fucked up but hilarious! I'd highly recommend it for a laugh.

Sharky

"Formula 51" - Samuel L. Jackson wears a kilt. :sick4: Other than that, good movie.

"Biker Boyz" - "The Fast and the Furious" on two wheels. Not bad. :thumbup:

"Basic" - Drags a little in places, but good story. :thumbup:

"Tears of the Sun" - Very good. Kinda sad. :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Kangaroo Jack" - Should have known better. Jerry O'Connell = *puke*

"Punch Drunk Love" - Wow. Sandler can act. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Arris

Sharky said:
"Formula 51" - Samuel L. Jackson wears a kilt. :sick4: Other than that, good movie.

"Basic" - Drags a little in places, but good story. :thumbup:

"Punch Drunk Love" - Wow. Sandler can act. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with kilts you sassenach :D
"Formula 51" is called "51st State" in the UK.

I liked Basic, probably because I went to see it knowing nothing about it whatsoever, avoiding the hype machine. I always tend to enjoy films that I haven't heard any hype about.

I've also heard good things about Punch Drunk Love, but have yet to see it..

Sharky

Arris said:
Nothing wrong with kilts you sassenach :D
"Formula 51" is called "51st State" in the UK.

Oi - my great-grandpa was from Scotland, mate. My last name starts with McK :p:D

I liked Basic, probably because I went to see it knowing nothing about it whatsoever, avoiding the hype machine. I always tend to enjoy films that I haven't heard any hype about.

Same here!:cool2:

I've also heard good things about Punch Drunk Love, but have yet to see it..

Good film. Kinda wacky, but in a charming manner.

MuFu

Sharky said:

LOL, didn't realise it was called that in the States. I thought it might have been you playing on words since it is so formulaic!! Quite an enjoyable film though.

Saw Zoolander recently. OMG, hilarious. :D

MuFu.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Just watched "How to lose a guy in 10 days" last night. Great movie. For any of you guys that had a girlfriend move in with you, it's a little more true to life than you might care for.

Recommendation: Keep your mouth shut during the movie, little phrases like "Hah, I can relate to that" can get you some very harsh looks.

Dave

PuterTutor said:
Just watched "How to lose a guy in 10 days" last night.

good movie....bad ending....

Kate Hudson did a great job playing the psycho bitch from hell girlfriend.
:)