Someone works at Best Buy.

Good price?

I am undecided whether i am gonna spend that much or get a desktop

lookit this way...its a portable desktop so its worth splashing out for that but SHOP AROUND FIRST!

I was at Aldi the other day. I know they are a grocery store, but we recently got a kickass deal on a computer there.

Anyway. I was there the other day and found a matching laptop to go with the new computer we got. :( I only wish I could buy it. Medion laptop 15.1" screen, 2.6 GHz intel Pentium 4 processor, dvd rw/cd rw combo, and loads of other stuff I can't remember. $1,400 which I'm told is a killer price for it.

Rose said:
I was at Aldi the other day. I know they are a grocery store, but we recently got a kickass deal on a computer there.

A buddy of mine got that computer there a few months ago. A 2.4 P4 with DVD, CD Burner, Big hard drive, nice, for something like 700 bucks. We call it his Aldi computer now. :D

PuterTutor said:
A buddy of mine got that computer there a few months ago. A 2.4 P4 with DVD, CD Burner, Big hard drive, nice, for something like 700 bucks. We call it his Aldi computer now. :D

:D Yep, that's what we paid for ours. Something like $750 after tax - a kickass deal. :D And it came with 12 month warrenty and everything!

Does his burn dvds or jsut read? Ours doesn't burn dvds, but it's a 2.66 processor and came with a 120gig hard drive.

Oh, the laptop I referenced had a 60gig hard drive if memory serves. it may be 40gig, but either way it's plenty.

Nope, it's got two drives, one just reads DVDs the other is a CD burner. Pretty good deal though, just amazed me that he got it at Aldis.

I know your not a business...
anyways the second one looks sweet. You lose 200MHz but you gain a radeon AND 10 gigs extra HDD

woah, that knocks chunks out of my desktop PC, and my desktop PC isn't bad.

I reckon about $3k..

Carry case is included, docking station is not needed (it already has everything, including USB 2.0 & Firewire, 6Ch Audio and Video-out) and no you don't get a mouse or keyboard. And no, try again. The pic is a link btw.. ;)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the built-in Webcam.. :)

Well ok but I was a hell of a lot closer than CS. ;)

What kind of reputation do they have for durability and warrantied service though? That definitely would color my decision to buy. I can play with my Dell laptops and figure them out but when I had to do it with a Sony laptop (without instruction) it was a bit of a PITA.

Back