Sometimes birds are not the most intelligent.

Inkara1 said:
...or a Windex commercial.

Those Windex commercials crack me up! It's the birds who are watching most of the time, the cat smacks the window trying to get them, the birds ring the doorbell, close the patio door and laugh their beaks off when the human smacks into the door, etc.

Green, the dang squirrels stole the suet every time, so I stick with the pb. Apples make a great treat too!

One thing to remember with birdbaths...always keep them near bushes or trees. You won't see the birds as well, or as often, but the neighborhood cats don't get an easy meal either...;)

It sucks that squirrels will pretty much eat whatever you give the birds, especially the peanut butter and sunflower seeds. If you get a suet cage though, that might cut down on the amount they eat. I have pepper treated bird seed that prevents me from losing most of it to them. Fucking squirrels.

Yeah, bushes and trees give the birds cover and make them feel safer. But they're also the best hiding places for cats. I've resorted to planting cactus and spraying vinegar in the typical spots the cats sit to try to stalk the birds at the feeder. Fucking cats.

:D

greenfreak said:
It sucks that squirrels will pretty much eat whatever you give the birds, especially the peanut butter and sunflower seeds. If you get a suet cage though, that might cut down on the amount they eat. I have pepper treated bird seed that prevents me from losing most of it to them. Fucking squirrels.

Yeah, bushes and trees give the birds cover and make them feel safer. But they're also the best hiding places for cats. I've resorted to planting cactus and spraying vinegar in the typical spots the cats sit to try to stalk the birds at the feeder. Fucking cats.

:D

I LOVE cats! and let's admit it, that's Nature, eh?
Tried the suet cage and the damn squirrels tore it down :( They even tore down the hummingbird feeder attached to the underside of me 2nd floor sunroom! FUCKING SQUIRRELS!
My back yard is wooded with pines and decidious trees. The water I leave out is in a bowl, not a birdbath. Even the opossum and raccons come to drink.

tonksy said:
The damn things are suicidal!

You would be too if a damn moose kept sticking you in a hat.
rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg

tonksy said:
no...oh deer!

and HomeLan, so I guess in this case the buck didn't stop there.

That is really, really sad.... not surprised it came from a NZer.. :p Though wouldn't be surprised to hear it from a Yank either..

I sideswiped a deer at 11:50 p.m. on the Taconic Parkway going upstate, on my 30th birthday. Alone. He wandered in front of me from the intersection and broke off my left mirror. I think he ran off, but I didn't stop to check. What a horrible experience.

Then there was the time I ran over that raccoon on Turkey Hill Road...

My cousin had one go through her soft-top jeep at 70mph. In one side, through the back seat, and out the other side.

Back