Sore Loser

HomeLAN

Wow, I though US policians were bad! You doin' OK down there, Luis?

At a news conference, Lopez Obrador urged his supporters to gather this weekend in downtown Mexico City, stirring fears he would mobilize massive protests that could lead to violence.

"We are going to the Federal Electoral Tribunal with the same demand -- that the votes be counted -- because we cannot accept these results," he said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/07/06/mexico.elex.ap/index.html

unclehobart

With the corruption level down there I did not expect less than 300,000,000 votes to be cast from the 60,000,000 eligible voters.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The guy is a lunatic, he doesn't need to count votes he needs a goddamn psychiatrist.

The votes are counted at each voting place, in the prescense of each party's representatives. After all agree the counting was done properly, an official document is created indicating the number of votes for each party. This document is signed by every single party representative, and each party gets a copy of it.

This wednesday, the IFE started to sum up all the documents. If there are inconsistencies between the documents from a party and the IFE ones, the package with the votes is opened and a re-count takes place. Everything is also done in front of each party's representatives.

So far, 3 parties have summed the votes of their official documents (at their party houses) and they all come down to the conclusion that Felipe Calderón won the election.

So.......:shrug:

Luis G

Staff member
He has quite a history.

When statistics said he was on the lead a few months ago, he loved them. When they said he was on 2nd place he said the numbers were manipulated.

A while ago he proposed 10 debates between candidates. At the end it was decided that only 2 would take place. He didn't show up for the first.

He has a slogan claiming he will put the poor first. But yeah, he wants to build a Bullet train from Mexico City to the border. Great way of supporting the poor, or is it that he wants to get rid of them faster?

At Mexico City he built a 2nd floor for some of the main freeways, it was expensive as hell, and guess what? it doesn't benefit the poor at all, since they don't even have a car.

Days ago he said he would abide by the IFE decission, and now he will fight it. Everything is a conspiration.

Inkara1

He put in double-decker freeways? Those give me the heebie-jeebies after seeing what they 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake did to them in San Francisco. I hope the construction quality is better than I fear Mexican government work might be.

Luis G

Staff member
The standards for building stuff in Mexico City are quite high, perhaps even higher than Tokyo's and LA's. It wasn't double decker style precisely.

distribuidor_N.jpg

peri20.jpg

Inkara1

Oh, OK. I feel better about that design, because if an earthquake does make it collapse, everyone's not directly under it. As long as they built it to good seismic standards, which fromw hat you're saying it sounds like they did, things should be OK since it's basically a big bridge.

Luis G

Staff member
I think the pic was taken before it was open. It is now fully functional.

Luis G

Staff member
And he hasn't backed off yet, I'm surprised about the people who truly believe anything he says :shrug:

A pic showing how wicked his mind is:
_41980162_060808mexico203.jpg