Spam the Spammers! or Revenge is Sweet!

Aunty Em

I've finally found a program which may be the answer to my prayers.... it allows me to check the mail in my ISP mailbox before downloading it through my mail client. I can setthe filters to blacklist, delete and most importantly to me "bounce" spam.

I have always wanted to be able to send back the rubbish that I get spammed with to the spammer... now my ISP will send back the spam with a message to say that my account does not exist... oh bliss! :evilgrin:

The program is called Mailwasher if anyone else is interested.

The free version can be found at:

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Rose

w00t! Thanks for sharing, and do keep us informed if it works well. I think Imight try out the program at work. :D

Aunty Em

The free version only works for one account, but it has an import facility so you can import your email addresses from your email client - I have 4 ISP adresses - just remove the first acct and import the next and deal with each acct individually - you have to remember your passwords as you will be asked for them.

If it works effectively I will invest in the pro version for $29.95... that also works for hotmail, which at the moment is spammers paradise.

chcr

Too cute for words
I use Mcafee, but I don't send anything back. That lets them know they have a good e-mail address. Now snail mail ads, every single one with a post paid envelope gets sent back empty with no return address.

Aunty Em

Bounce back unwanted e-mails so it looks as if your email address is not valid. This will make the sender think your address is no longer active so your name can be removed from their list. This unique feature is great for privacy and it couldn’t be simpler!

Blacklist. Any e-mails you bounce back get their senders details put on the blacklist for easy removal if they come back. You can even set it to automatically bounce and delete blacklisted e-mails, or whole domains off the server. Plus, MailWasher can use external blacklists such as ORDB, Spam Cop, VISI or you can specify your own.

chcr

Too cute for words
Bounce back unwanted e-mails so it looks as if your email address is not valid. This will make the sender think your address is no longer active so your name can be removed from their list. This unique feature is great for privacy and it couldn’t be simpler!

Cool!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
that must feel great :headbang:

I don't receive spam in my pop3/private accounts, that's why i always have several accounts to use for the web and anothers for personal use.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
404. ;)

I'd give Mailwasher a try but I have about 10 accounts... All which receive plenty of spam...

catocom

The main problem with bouncing is that most all the spam I've seen,
that couldn't be unsubscribed to, is from a randomly generated address,
so it either bounces to someone else, or sends back a reply that the
mail couldn't be delivered. Either way it seems not to get back at the
spammer as much as load some unwitting persons box with another
useless email, and or fill your own box with rejections. :(

The best thing IMO is the block, like the one on IH or some other
hosts maybe, where you can block by keywords, or phrases.
Spammers are pretty slick in their working sometime, but I have
mine, now where it block about 97%.;)

Aunty Em

Well I didn't get so much junk this morning when I checked my mail but that could just be the weekend, the test will come on monday. Basically I want it for my main personal address which only my family, friends and financial services should have but has somehow found it's way onto a spamming list or 2. Actually it's the old address before my isp changed their address, which is being redirected.

Aunty Em

Actually the thing I find MOST annoying is that the majority of the spam I receive is from the USA and I couldn't take up most of the offers anyway!!!

alex

*mumbles something about copying links*

I'm getting spam in my bellsouth account that doesn't even have a To: address. It doesn't go into any of the addy folders, it just goes into the inbox folder. How the hell does it get to me without an address? I need to call bellsouth about this. They keep advertising their great spam filters........fuckem.