Spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professur said:
So we should stop an ongoing conversation for the sake of someone who hardly even contributes to the board on a regular basis? A one post wonder?

Not for the sake of a one post wonder! For example, I post when I can (when I have a few minutes at the office during a break, lunch, or when I have time from home), but at times I'll go into a thread, and I'm completely lost because it's gone way off topic.

My personal conversations usually include more than one person anyways. And often cover several threads at the same time. How am I supposed to do that with PMs?

Obviously, we sometimes put personal matters up for forum discussion/input...I was refering to the one on one conversations...But, then, that was kinda obvious. No?

And what else are we supposed to do when there's a grand total of 3 people on the board? Wait for someone else before replying? And a one on one conversation is still open for others. If their posts aren't relevant to the ongoing convo, but to the original topic ... Well it went off topic for a reason. Usually because of the boring factor. Or a running line of thought. That's the nature of this board. Off Topic. Pulling a convo back ontopic when someone else went through all the effort to knock it off is just plain rude. It has to be knocked off off topic.

Really? What makes you say that? Maybe the thousands of posts we've shared in conversations over the years?

prof is right again...damn....and i'll second trolley's notion if we're bitchin'...the original group does talk alot about the old crew...but oh well! that's life and that's the way it is...you aren't goin' to be involvged in every conversation and you will feel lost at times...we're all adults...we know this...when i come across a thread that is not something i am a part of and don't know enough to become part of i don't post. it's that simple.

tonks said:
prof is right again...damn....and i'll second trolley's notion if we're bitchin'...the original group does talk alot about the old crew...but oh well! that's life and that's the way it is...you aren't goin' to be involvged in every conversation and you will feel lost at times...we're all adults...we know this...when i come across a thread that is not something i am a part of and don't know enough to become part of i don't post. it's that simple.
so we should as adults just cave in to our selfishness and our manic behaviour and behave with utter disregard to how we make others feel. I guess it is that simple :retard:

Well I see it happening alot on the boards too but what I find particularly annoying is when I place a well thought out reply so it may take 5 mins to get it right and then find my reply comes 5 or 6 down the page now not making any sense because 2 people are basically having a 1 on 1 conversation in the thread.
:bolt:

drkavnger99 said:
Well I see it happening alot on the boards too but what I find particularly annoying is when I place a well thought out reply so it may take 5 mins to get it right and then find my reply comes 5 or 6 down the page now not making any sense because 2 people are basically having a 1 on 1 conversation in the thread.

That's what the quote function is for.

Leslie said:
so we should as adults just cave in to our selfishness and our manic behaviour and behave with utter disregard to how we make others feel. I guess it is that simple :retard:
well...no, but it's silly to get upset about a one on one conversation that you are not part of...just scroll passed it...someone will bring the thread back on topicgg...like darkavnger said...and it's not like we're not used to jumps in topics around here.

well if was a one on one...but it isn't...and i'm just trying to call attention to what's happening here...and see if maybe some of us can't chill a tad on the posthappy bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back