Spring is springing!!

Got an email that my Daisy seeds were shipped on the 22nd. I'm hoping I get them tomorrow so I can spend part of my day off with my plants and seeds!

Hey Q, they also have things that look like big cones that you can use also, some of the things you can use for vines are really cool looking. :)

greenfreak said:
Livingstone Daisy 'Harlequin Mixed'

... somebody thought it would be funny to give me some of those for my wedding anniversary a while back, on account of Livingstone being one of my surnames...:rolleyes:

Q said:
Hey greenie...here's my next addition to the garden!

Those lights look attractive and good value. :)

Q, those look cool! I love the look of things like that and tiki torches for bugs. Do you have any palm trees in your backyard? You could make a whole tropical thing goin. :D

Auntie, I take it you didn't like the flowers? I just planted 4 packets of seed this weekend and I still have two unopened packs for later if I need them or for next season.

"Osteo sperm um"?

That's not another one of those cunniligus-type varieties, is it?:D

My fiance' an' I 'ave chosen the Cala-Lilly for our 'theme' flower.

We'll be married in June, when the little beauties are out of season, in these parts. But we'll 'ave 'em still!

Greenie, do ya 'ave any Calalillies where ya are? Do ya like their quaint little slipper-foot shape like we do?

So soft, so ellegant! Such undeniable beauty, like my little bride to be!:)

Squiggy said:
I didn't plant anything. But the ground is soft enough to dig for worms. Almost time to go fishing. :D

I went up to the cottage for the weekend. The boat's still under 4' of snow and ice, and the lake's still a solid sheet.

I want global warming already.

I've always loved Calla Lillies and they really make great subjects for photos too, with their unique shape. But I always think of funerals when I see white ones for some reason.

I grew Canna Lillies last year which are quite different. I was considering doing Callas this year but they don't last all that long. I was looking for something that could stand the full sun that I have in my yard and that would last a while.

I planted all my Daisy seeds yesterday and except for the Livingstones, there are green shoots that have broken the surface already. In one day! :eek:

These must be, like, super-daisies. :D

Prof, that's great! Wow, that must be awesome to sleigh ride in. Is that a lake at the bottom?

I still do that, when it snows. I look for good places to sleigh ride. Since Long Island is as flat as a pancake, there aren't many places. :shrug:

greenfreak said:
Last weekend it was beautiful, over 65 degrees and it looks like none of the overnight temps are going below freezing anymore. Tomorrow is going to be 60 again!!

omg! I don't know how you people survive in those conditions :D

It's rough. Really rough. Mainly we sleep under four or five layers of blankets and imagine ourselves waking up to the sound of the waves on the beach, and a gentle breeze through the palm trees.

:laugh:

I have to tell you something though. I truly appreciate Spring a hell of a lot more after going through winter. I missed experiencing four seasons when I was away from NY. As much of a pain in the ass snow and bad weather is, I don't think I'd trade it for paradise 24/7. :)

Yeah you can, Kuu, you just need less or more blankets, depending on the season. Works for me.

greenfreak said:
I've always loved Calla Lillies and they really make great subjects for photos too, with their unique shape. But I always think of funerals when I see white ones for some reason.

Funerals eh? Geez Greenie, hope ya ain't some kinda prophet.

At my first weddin', my ex's sister's husband gave me a, With Deepest Sympathy" card....................Damn! That was one omen that'd been better heeded!:D

greenfreak said:
:laugh: Hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em. :D

Rusty also sleeps nude year round, I don't though.

I sleep nude, year 'round as well, though my little lover prefers much clothes...........(she's 110 lbs, I mean, c'mon.......)

.........so is this the part where the bell rings, an' the lights flash an' I win a special prize?

Thanks fer sharin' though Greenie, nice to know I'm not the only weirdo, blessed with the power to heat!:D

Back